Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Jayne statue head and plaque

Episode 7 - Jaynestown

Re: Jayne statue head and plaque

Postby MikeTMC » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:39 pm

AZSneed wrote:Mike, Jayne looks awesome! I'm glad it all came together, and it was a hit at the show. 8-)

Thanks! I hope more people post photos from the show. A lot of people took personal pics with the statue after the show on their way out.

It looks like I'm not the only one his has had problems with photography due to that damn reflective mud. Maybe somebody with an awesome camera got a good color shot.

-M.
MikeTMC
Hero of Canton

Postby drewsmith007 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:22 am

I was watching jaynestown today, and I noticed the body of the statue looks like it is just a costume that's been painted to look like stone. At least the pants. you can tell when they pan down the first time they show the whole thing.

Was working on posting a screencap, but it got to the end where Jayne pushes the statue over. It doesn't really show the legs, but the torso sure doesn't look like a painted jacket...

Of course, you could still paint a jacket and pants for a display.
Bwah.
drewsmith007
Independent Soldier

Postby MikeTMC » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:50 pm

The funny thing is that it appears so light, and so rigid when it falls down and rolls over...almost like it's a fiberglass mold.

I'm sure the easiest and quickest way they could have made it was to use the stunt clothes that Shawna provided Almost Human and then dress a dummy and spray it somehow...but that would have some weight to it.

If you look at the green statue photo at the beginning of this thread you can get a look at the jacket and a bit of the pants and tee shirt. The hands are definitely weird- like someone filled a surgical glove to make a hand...

-Mike
MikeTMC
Hero of Canton

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:50 pm

A blog post about the original build!

http://christopherburdett.blogspot.com/ ... refly.html
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby MikeTMC » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Yes! I've been talking with Christopher ever since he posted that yesterday. I'm so excited to learn more info about the construction.

After 10 years of searching, it's pretty darn exciting to see brand new 360-degree photo views! This will definitely help with the rebuild.

-Mike
MikeTMC
Hero of Canton

Previous

Return to Jaynestown