Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Ariel Ambulance

Episode 9 - Ariel

Re: Ariel Ambulance

Postby Risu » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:49 pm

I'd love to help on the restoration of the ambulance, but I don't think I'm qualified to work on a trailer.
Risu
Independent Soldier

Postby pennausamike » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:30 pm

I think the trailer needs tires and something done with the jack and hitch, but I'm not sure.

pennausamike wrote:I have been working on my Firefly/ Serenity Locations book,
(it is currently looking to come in at 1,000 pictures and 200-ish pages,)
and I made this picture showing the current location of the AA on Google maps.

At this point, I would say the AA didn't get the work done that was planned awhile back,
and I know that the group organizer was looking to pass the baton,
tho', without success.
The AARG is looking to take the AA to a convention, and they have a member to tow it,
but I think the trailer needs a considerable amount of work to get it road-worthy.
If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times, without a wealthy benefactor,
(like the gentleman who paid to fully restore the Star Trek shuttle "Galileo")
the AA will just continue to deteriorate in limbo.

Sigh..

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby Bronson BB » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:38 pm

Honestly, at this point she needs a new trailer.

The current one has been sitting unmoved for several years now.
I wouldn't trust the breaks, suspension, frame, lighting harnesses, tires, OR hitch.
Bronson BB
Browncoat

Postby Akin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:55 am

That pretty much sums it up. Unless someone with money gets interested, I doubt there's a long-term future for this. Everyone who was involved years ago has moved on, or wants to. There was talk a while back about moving it to the east coast, but life got in the way of that effort. Most of the people who once wanted to work on it here in LA moved away long ago, and as before, I would be good for manual labor only, since all of my skills have nothing to do with building or restoring anything. Assuming I could even get the time off to help with any efforts... working 11pm to 7am and not having weekends off kinda sucks. That's what you get when you work for The Man...

Anyway, right now it can't even move until a lot of work gets done on the trailer. There's a funding campaign underway to help, and get it up to Oregon... https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/join ... vival-tour
Akin
Independent Army - Special Ops

Postby JHiggins » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:00 am

Just a view from Google Maps Street View, taken September 2014:

JHiggins
Blue Hand guy

Postby JHiggins » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:08 am

Sidenote: Mike, if you need some extra photos taken for your book... Drop me a line and let me know locations and photos needed, since I live out here in LA and have regular access to the locations within driving distance!
JHiggins
Blue Hand guy

Postby AZSneed » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:44 am

Hey Wash, Kaylee, it is over here in the Impound Yard.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:17 pm

JHiggins wrote:Sidenote: Mike, if you need some extra photos taken for your book...
Drop me a line and let me know locations and photos needed,
since I live out here in LA and have regular access to the locations within driving distance!

Heyo Julian, thanks for the pic of the AA!

As far as other photos, I'll think on that and email, but;
the biggest thing I need is info.
There are a couple of locations I can't find at all,
and a couple where I'm not sure which likely shooting location is correct.
I'm posting those publicly here in case someone DOES know and can pass it along.
I'll start a separate thread with a comprehensive list, but for now:

Can't Find:

The Tam Estate
The house was in the style of the massive Craftsman houses like the Gamble House,
but it isn't the Gamble House.

The Heart of Gold brothel.
It's a big place in the desert, reported to have its own airstrip; but I just haven't spotted it yet.

The Jiangyin town where Simon is abducted and the Jiangyin backwoods settlement he and River are taken to.
Are they both the same town shot at Paramount Ranch, or is one Paramount and one Sable Ranch?

And etc.
I'll have to post a full list, one of these days.

Thanks for the offer, Julian.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby JHiggins » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:58 pm

No worries!

Take the time to post your full list of location questions ASAP. I may have a connection to get in touch with the Locations Manager from Firefly to get all the answers you need.
JHiggins
Blue Hand guy

Postby Fanfromthefirst » Thu May 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Akin wrote:That pretty much sums it up. Unless someone with money gets interested, I doubt there's a long-term future for this. Everyone who was involved years ago has moved on, or wants to. There was talk a while back about moving it to the east coast, but life got in the way of that effort. Most of the people who once wanted to work on it here in LA moved away long ago, and as before, I would be good for manual labor only, since all of my skills have nothing to do with building or restoring anything. Assuming I could even get the time off to help with any efforts... working 11pm to 7am and not having weekends off kinda sucks. That's what you get when you work for The Man...

Anyway, right now it can't even move until a lot of work gets done on the trailer. There's a funding campaign underway to help, and get it up to Oregon... https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/join ... vival-tour

PDX Browncoats made their Goal :o
Looks like our girl is gonna get all prettified and cute (as opposed to corpsified and gross)
congrats to all involved !!
"Wanna meet the 'real' me now ?"
Fanfromthefirst
Independent Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Ariel