Episode 9 - Ariel

Re: Ariel Ambulance

Postby JHiggins » Sun May 31, 2015 12:25 am

JHiggins
Blue Hand guy

Postby pennausamike » Sun May 31, 2015 1:36 am

Thanks for the awesome find.
I mean, it's just a bunch of people who know nothing about the AARG and the "save the ambulance campaign"
speculating about their "too much money and no brains" neighbor "buying" a "knock-off" replica of a TV prop,
(tho' one of the more aware members did figure out that the show image is the CGI version.)

I was just thinking about the AA today, and wondering what was going on with it.
I hope they post lots of exciting updates and tell us (crowd-funding supporters) where to tune in!

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Sun May 31, 2015 2:56 pm

My computer won't work with photobucket any more,
but there are some pictures of the AA in the Portland Starlight Parade on Facebook.
I'll post what I find when I get a chance.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby Akin » Sun May 31, 2015 3:48 pm

It looks really good! They turned it around on the trailer, and they were able to get the tail back on!

Just goes to show what can be done if you have folks involved who actually know their way around a workshop!

Although the whole "my neighbor bought it" bit isn't close to accurate... but whatever...
Akin
Independent Army - Special Ops

Postby AZSneed » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:05 am

Credit where credit due should be mandatory.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Goodwolf » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:40 am

Akin wrote:
Although the whole "my neighbor bought it" bit isn't close to accurate... but whatever...

You see that a lot. My neighbor, my sister, whatever it takes to make the OP look like they're somehow connected to the coolness.
May have been on the losin' side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby Akin » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:04 am

Goodwolf wrote:
Akin wrote:

You see that a lot. My neighbor, my sister, whatever it takes to make the OP look like they're somehow connected to the coolness.

Well, I mean it wasn't sold or bought by anyone, it still belongs to the AARG is all... it's just at a new location where there are finally some skilled folks who are excited to be working on it...

The poster could very well be the neighbor of the folks doing the work.
Akin

Postby pennausamike » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Goodwolf wrote:
Akin wrote:

AZSneed wrote:Credit where credit due should be mandatory.

Akin wrote:Well, I mean it wasn't sold or bought by anyone, it still belongs to the AARG is all... it's just at a new location where there are finally some skilled folks who are excited to be working on it...

The poster could very well be the neighbor of the folks doing the work.

I saw that on facebook as well,
and also a well meaning Browncoat who was crediting the PDX Browncoats with saving the ambulance from a FOX studio junkyard.
I posted on the two facebook postings with links to the AARG as the original rescuers and current "owners",
a link to the ffprops page showing that the TAM stored the AA rent free for years,
and a link to the PDX fundraiser page to take the AA under their wing for awhile.
Not in a way to criticize anyone, just to keep the history straight.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby JHiggins » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:55 am

A couple extra snaps from around the web of it in the Portland, Oregon Starlight Parade:

Here's a link to a few more. Credit to the PDX Browncoats Facebook page.

http://imgur.com/a/3F5mp
JHiggins
Blue Hand guy

Postby Akin » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:02 pm

pennausamike wrote:
I saw that on facebook as well,
and also a well meaning Browncoat who was crediting the PDX Browncoats with saving the ambulance from a FOX studio junkyard.
I posted on the two facebook postings with links to the AARG as the original rescuers and current "owners",
a link to the ffprops page showing that the TAM stored the AA rent free for years,
and a link to the PDX fundraiser page to take the AA under their wing for awhile.
Not in a way to criticize anyone, just to keep the history straight.

Mike

Thanks, that's cool of you! While it was saved from a junkyard, literally, i don't think the PDX Browncoats existed as a group back then! :-D

I'm just thrilled that folks who are excited about it AND have the ability to help out are involved again! It's been too long!
Akin

Previous

Return to Ariel