Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Blue Sun Cortex Screen - Commercial

Episode 9 - Ariel

Blue Sun Cortex Screen - Commercial

Postby JHiggins » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:02 am

Stumbled across this today on Youtube, posted by Kelly Wheeler -- one-time producer's assistant, show blogger, and Blue Sun girl. This commercial appeared briefly on the cortex screen before Jayne sold the Tam's out to the Alliance.

Here's the commercial in it's entirely, albeit in glorious 240p: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MboGJUBU7B4

Awesome little world building thing, in digital form. :)
Last edited by JHiggins on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
JHiggins
Blue Hand guy

Re: Blue Sun Cortex Screen - Commercial

Postby AZSneed » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Thanks! After seeing it, I want a Blue SunTM Cola...Live Life with Blue Sun....Wal-Mart of the Verse. :shock:
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:51 pm

COOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!

Great find, Julian!

Of course, I've saved it as an mp4 file if anyone wants it. It's less than a Meg so I can email it just fine. Just PM me!

Now if only I can figure a way to mount this as my desktop wallpaper on infinite loop .... hmmm .... how does one go about that ...? :shock: :lol: :D
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby orion » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Wow, nice find!

taimdala wrote:Now if only I can figure a way to mount this as my desktop wallpaper on infinite loop .... hmmm .... how does one go about that ...? :shock: :lol: :D

You might actually be able to do that using Windows DreamScene. If you're not using Windows Vista Ultimate, there are utilities to enable the feature (a quick search reveals this utility), but I haven't tried any, so I can't vouch for anything in particular.
orion
Alliance soldier

Postby taimdala » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:59 pm

I'm running Vista Home Premium, 32 bit.

At least it's not as bad as Winddow 8.1. *I* still have my start menu and a task bar. Everything's arranged on-sceen for ease of use with my WACOM tablet. I'm happy with the set-up.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:55 pm

So, you are a Vista user, too. I'm ready for 7.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:44 am

WARNING: if you're allergic to soap, skip this post. I'm about to haul up a big damn boxful.
<soapbox>
I'm ready for 10 if and only if I can turn Cortana completely off.

Unintalling her completely would be even better.

I don't know about you but the idea that a program I didn't ask for is recording everything I search for on- or offline and recording everything I look at and go to, all in the name of anticipating what I want the next time I go online or look for something in my files HINKS THE F*CKING SH*T out of me.

1. NOBODY has the right to put thoughts in my head or desires in my heart ... which is what "anticipating" and "opening up for you" files and websites based on "past behavior" is all about. No thanks. I can make up my own mind, dammit, and you can keep your grubby little mitts off my head and heart.

2. NOBODY has the right to KNOW WHAT I'M THINKING OR WHAT I'M LOOKING AT without my permission ...

Period.

Cortana will bypass all that and just do it, unless I take her right the hell off my machine. Because, really, who wants to live under the Alliance? And before we bring up the En-Ess-Aey, remember that even though it's a gov agency, the people running it are people appointed by career politicians who want to get re-elected and they ultimately ALL work for the guy in the oval office who ALSO wants to get re-elected. Ultimately, WE can decide the sort of gov oversight we get, before or after things happen, thanks to the ballot box.

No civilian business model has that hanging over their heads. Cortana isn't a gov tool, it's a civilian one and as such, I trust it less.

A lot less.
</soapbox>
There. Tin Foil Hat is put away now. :D
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:49 am

I just bought a "new" computer with Windows XP because I DESPISE all the newer systems.
They don't do what I want, and they "do" a whole buncha crap I don't want them to do.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:13 am

pennausamike wrote:I just bought a "new" computer with Windows XP because I DESPISE all the newer systems.
They don't do what I want, and they "do" a whole buncha crap I don't want them to do.

Mike

Knuckle bop!
taimdala
Browncoat

Return to Ariel