Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Space Station Props

Episode 12 - The Message

Space Station Props

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:50 pm

I frequently come back to the props on the Space Station at the start of the message when seeking something new for convention booths, and just to know what's out there. My friend named Ren Jing just translated one of the station posters.

"Silk and satin store"

This one has a few. Some of them are simple 'New Year's' luck papers, but the sign in the back says 'Sale' at the top.

Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Re: Space Station Props

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:51 pm

St. Lucy's Medical Center has a clinic on the station.

Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:54 pm

Most of you have noticed the 'Solar Kids' poster, but the sign on the middle right says, "Freight Post Holding".

Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:00 pm

There's an old, toy stoplight sign in the upper left of this screen cap.

Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:44 am

And I have the rainbow colored nylon whirligig just under the red paper lantern at upper left.

I know where they got Inara's gorgeous necklace too. I have the mail order catalog (Art and Artefact, from the early 2000s, maybe 1999). I worked out the design and it's buried in one of my jewelry making notebooks. Suffice to say, at the time it was available in Czech fire polish rounds/czech 11/0 seed beads in opaque black, then dark red, then emerald green ... and then everyone jumped on the band wagon and made it in various shades of white and cream for bridal wear, and then there were variations on the beaded shapes ... which really let loose the flood gates.

I think I still have that catalog somewhere with both styles of that necklace.

I haven't made it yet because it would take about 70 dollars worth of beads and a year's worth of my eyesight off the back end. I need to save my eyes for other stuff.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Thank you. Here's another that Ren Jing translated for me. It says 'Escape' down the side and 'Travel agency' in Mandarin at the bottom.

Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:13 pm

taimdala wrote:SNIP
I know where they got Inara's gorgeous necklace too.
I have the mail order catalog (Art and Artefact, from the early 2000s, maybe 1999).
SNIP

I know that has been sold elsewhere since then because I found one a few years back.

I don't know if I have a record of where I got it, tho'.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:05 am

Oh heck, yeah, Mike. I know it's been sold elsewhere. I failed to paste the URLs I've seen it at and in the past few years, I've seen it done in craptastic PLASTIC beads.

ACK!!!!

Nothing has the shine of Czech Fire Polish than Czech Fire Polish. Much like the same way glass isn't 24% leaded crystal, you can see the difference right off.

*shudders!*
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Return to The Message