Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Burgess' laser pistol

Episode 13 - Heart of Gold

Re: Burgess' laser pistol

Postby namebrand » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:51 pm

If you find the info let me know, maybe the person could be convinced to do a couple more! ;)
namebrand
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:24 am

If I may. (posted by F-N-S earlier in this very thread. :))

F-N-S wrote:Almost 2 years since the last post in this thread. Time to revive it :D

Just got my Ewokus kit of the laser pistol. Haven't done anything to it yet but it looks like a pretty easy build.

Anyone started yet?

It would seem the fella's screen name over at the RPF is Ewokus. I'm no-longer able to search there junkyard, but I would think that screen name, plus the worlds "firefly", "Burgess", and "pistol" should turn up something. Or, you could just try contacting this Ewokus fella via PM. :)

My funds are going to be pretty tied up threw the Holidays, and as I said, I can't post over there, but if he did do another run, around the start of next year, or a little after, and he was to offer them over on these forums, I would probably be in for a kit. (For that mater, If Zombie Killer was to offer more castings of the engine part from "out of Gas", over here., in the new year, I would be in for one of those too.:)) Maybe I just need to start a WTB thread in the new years. :lol:
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby ssdesigner » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:10 pm

He has the molds still, castings are $175 with a 2-3 week turnaround time.

Question is, is someone thinking of re-working this design? I thought I read that there is new info to improve accuracy.

-Ss
ssdesigner
Blue Hand guy

Postby Joatrash » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:17 pm

ssdesigner wrote:He has the molds still, castings are $175 with a 2-3 week turnaround time.

Question is, is someone thinking of re-working this design? I thought I read that there is new info to improve accuracy.

-Ss

This was a casting of the stunt prop so I don't see how it could become more accurate.
//jOe

My prop & costume workshop/gallery:
https://www.facebook.com/joatrashfx/
Joatrash
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Well there is that part in the grip that was filled in (I'm guessing with clay, putty, wax, or what have you.) for t he casting. Some collectors remove that from there castings before paints, to make it more "accurate". (again, just read threw this very thread, it's not that long. :lol:) But, I don't see it as a big enough deal, to be worth reworking the mold. I mean, some fans might want that part filled in, for added strength, if they wan to costume with it, use it for a fan film, etc.

Weather it gets re-worked, or not, I'm just glad it's still possible to get a casting.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby Zappy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:51 pm

jason1976 wrote:I have heard the "experts" swear by so many different primers, paints, and fillers, over the years. Some have worked well for me, and some turned out so bad, I had to wonder if they posted their suggestion as a practical joke.

~Snip~

It's a little tip, but it's saved at least 6 or 7 kits, for me.

Thanks for the great tips, Jason. Appreciate the data gained through your experience. :thumbsup:
Zappy
Alliance soldier

Postby dsears30 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:25 am

I hope to working on my kit as soon as it arrives, thanks for the tips
dsears30
Independent Soldier

Postby dsears30 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:17 pm

I finished my Burgess Laser, the kit was perfect, Thanks!
At the almost completed point, it did take a spill of my work area, hitting every hard object in it’s path on the way down. So few realistic scratches here and there, just like in real life. So few parts are still drying in the pics. I’m very please with this one and was sorely needed.
Attachments
total group shot med.jpg
dsears30
Independent Soldier

Postby pennausamike » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:23 pm

I made a little progress on my Rance Burgess laser display.

I did get the goggles,

and I made the display mount for the laser itself.

Never underestimate the power of dumpster diving and a little creative re-purposing.
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:05 pm

pennausamike wrote:
Never underestimate the power of dumpster diving and a little creative re-purposing.

Here, here!
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to Heart of Gold