Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

BDM Locations help needed!

Props from the BDM - The Big Damn Movie

BDM Locations help needed!

Postby pennausamike » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:09 pm

Like the title says, I'm trying to find out a few of the missing BDM Serenity locations for my Firefly/ Serenity Locations book.
Of the following Locations:
outdoor classroom
Lilac trading station exteriors
Mule chase (highway)
Mining Camp on Haven
Miranda
Funeral Ceremony

I believe these IMDB listings are correct:
Diamond Ranch High School, Pomona, California, USA
(Miranda)

Anza-Borrego Desert State Park - 200 Palm Canyon Drive, Borrego Springs, California, USA
(Funeral scene at end of film)

Huntington Library & Botanical Gardens - 1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, California, USA
(River in class)

Templin Highway, Los Angeles, California, USA
(Reavers chase Mal after bank robbery)

I think, but need to look further, that the set for Haven was at Soledad Canyon Mining Property.
The Santa Clarita Film commission website lists Serenity as filming in Santa Clarita Valley,
and they show a scene from Haven.

I'm even fuzzier in my guess that Lilac was filmed at Blue Cloud Movie Ranch in Santa Clarita, CA,
in part because the Browncoat fan who was a rescue worker, Bob Marnick,
reportedly said his scene was shot near Aqua Dulce Airport, which is about 20 miles away.
I'm hoping BrianDTI can give me a leg up on this one,
because as I understand it Brian's friend (and serenitymovie.net creator) Jeremy knows Bob, aka duke333.
If someone could PM Bob's contact info, or just post the location in this thread, I'd surely appreciate it!

Not related to the BDM, but I STILL have no idea what American Arts and Crafts style architecture,
or American Craftsman house was used for the Tam residence.
People often reference the Gamble House, but, while very similar, the Tam house is different.

Thanks for any help,
Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Return to Serenity