Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Alliance Pistol

Props from the BDM - The Big Damn Movie

Re: Alliance Pistol

Postby jason1976 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:46 pm

zaebra wrote:if you want to post pics of the internals of the marker (that's what paintball "guns" are called. ;) ), it might be possible to wedge a 12 gram CO2 cartridge in there and have it still fire. i know most people wouldn't want or need that, but we do know several people who would find a prop that makes a loud bang and shoots a cloud of gas from the barrel handy for making films. :D i'm lookin' at you, yellowjacket and badger!

My upper/lower reciever, are all masked off, to paint the logos. I can photograph the inside parts, as they are not in mine at the moment, and post them later this week, but I don't think they will tell you much.

I have had the parts, in, and out, out of the gun, a lot , and I don't think You could make it a firing version. The piece of cut down pipe, that you add to the top, covers the place were the Paint balls would go in. The new barrel, is much more narrow inside, with a pretty big step, between the new barrel, and the inside of the upper reciever, that the ball could get caught on. if you could even that out, you might be able to make it, into some kind of muzzle loading paint ball gun. :) But I really don't think there would be room in there for the gas cartridge, and any of the places I could think of putting it, would invalve taking that pin out, and having to take out all the insidey stuff, every time you want to change the cartridge. Hm, that all said, you've got me thinking. I'll take a pic of the parts, and we'll see what we can think up. :)

pennausamike wrote:Nice tutorial.
Makes me glad I got mine already built, tho'.
Only suggestion I would add would be to use a razor saw instead of a hacksaw for cutting.
The razor saw is thinner and has a VERY fine pitch (aka teeth per inch).

Mike

Well, it's way too late for my pistol, but for future projects, where might one find a razor saw? Do they sell them at a place like lowes? It's my birthday, and I think I might just have to make a trip to the hardware store, to get myself a gift. :)
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby Joatrash » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:07 pm

Could probably model up those grips for 3d printing...
//jOe

My prop & costume workshop/gallery:
https://www.facebook.com/joatrashfx/
Joatrash
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:52 pm

jason1976 wrote:Well, it's way too late for my pistol, but for future projects, where might one find a razor saw? Do they sell them at a place like lowes? It's my birthday, and I think I might just have to make a trip to the hardware store, to get myself a gift. :)

The X-acto razor saws are usually available at hobby shops.
Here is a set on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Xacto-X75300-Prec ... B00004Z2U4

They don't look like much
(the pitch is so fine you can't even see the teeth in the photo)
but they cut plastic, brass and aluminum very nicely.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby Badger » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:32 am

Or, if you have a wire-frame Junior hacksaw, you can carefully hammer the sides of the blade flat on an anvil or block. This will knock the 'set' out of the blade's teeth and leave you with a small saw which doesn't remove as much material and cuts finer and smoother.
It also clogs easier :)
Clear the teeth with a stiff wire brush.

Badger
I said I'd do my best. I didn't say it would be any good.
Badger
The one and only Badger

Postby jason1976 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:58 am

Sorry, it's taken me so long to get these pictures for you all. I've been out of town for the last few days, and this is the first chance I have had to post.

Here are the pics of the inside parts. (the white tube on the front of the top piece, should be longer, but I cut it down. I have include the part I cut off in the first pic. Why did I cut it down..... Long story not worth telling.)

I thought I would post some pics of my build in progress. This is not a "Show off" post, or a "WIP" post, as much as it's a "Don't do, what Jason Don't, does." post. lol

This is my new front end. I cut the part that goes under the front of the lower reciever too short. I messed up some of the chrome, on the section, on the upper reciever, just able over part that gets added to the front of the lower reciever. I tried to just sand the rest of the chrome off of that section. It was late, and I sanded WAY too hard, and almost erased the bottom groove, on that section, on both sides. :( I drilled out the whole in the end of the barrel, but I did not make it as large as the one on the screen used prop. (I just like the look of it this way better.) I have not drilled wholes, for the small bolt that go into the part the goes along the bottom of the lower receiver. (I may not. since I have already screwed up so much on this project, I really don't want to rist making it worse. lol)

I painted, and repainted the logo on the right side of the gun, and I think it's as good as I can get it now. :( Now I have to re-paint the one on the other side.

Then there is the scope rail. :( My saw moved on me, without me seeing it. and I cut a really deep gash in the rail, before I noticed that it had moved. I then cut the rail, where it should have been cut in the first pace, but it looked awful. :(

So, some bondo, primer, rub-n-buff, and foil tape, later, this is what I have. It's not great, but I don't I'm going to re-work it at this point.

Here is a shot of my gutted grip, and new trigger guard.

And that is where my build has been for months, as I got side tracked with other projects, and have not worked on it for quite a wile.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby Fanfromthefirst » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:14 pm

"Wanna meet the 'real' me now ?"
Fanfromthefirst
Independent Soldier

Previous

Return to Serenity