Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

River's Final Battle Outfit

Props from the BDM - The Big Damn Movie

River's Final Battle Outfit

Postby BrowncoatKal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:56 am

The green dress River wore in her final fight scene in Serenity was from the DKNY Spring 2004 Ready-To-Wear collection.

Anyone have any Idea about her boots? I don't know if they were custom made, but the rumor I heard is that Summer Glau took them with her when the movie wrapped.
The 'Verse, a Firefly/Serenity/Costuming Club
http://theverse.proboards.com
BrowncoatKal
Blue Hand guy

Re: River's Final Battle Outfit

Postby jason1976 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:12 am

I read about the Dress months ago, on another site, but I'm yet to find one for sale. Then again, it's been 7 or 8 years since it's been on shelves/racks.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby BrowncoatKal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:30 pm

I found one online a couple of years ago. One of my best friends is a huge Browncoat and I told her of it and she contacted the seller and was able to purchase it. She has cosplayed as River in it. Luckily, the sellers had no idea about the dress, other than it was a DKNY dress. Therefore there was no mention of River, Firefly, or Serenity in the listing, otherwise I think it would have been discovered much earlier and sold before I stumbled upon it.
The 'Verse, a Firefly/Serenity/Costuming Club
http://theverse.proboards.com
BrowncoatKal
Blue Hand guy

Postby KayleeFryeMech » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but the DKNY ready-to-wear line also made this in a shirt/camisole version for anyone who was wanting to get it for reference of color, quality of silk, nailhead design, etc. I've seen two in the last month alone pop up on eBay.
KayleeFryeMech
Mudder

Postby Miker » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:25 pm

What's wrong with bringing up an old thread. It keeps it real for me. I love searching out all the different discussions involving Firefly.
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot em"
Miker
Independent Soldier

Postby pennausamike » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:42 pm

Miker wrote:What's wrong with bringing up an old thread.
It keeps it real for me. I love searching out all the different discussions involving Firefly.

Unlike some forums, I would say no one here is against "necro-posting" because
this is first and foremost a reference and learning tool.
The best reason to post in an old thread is to bring to light some new piece of information,
but there are few enough of us hardcore Firefly prop junkies
that I think many of us also enjoy just revisiting older threads.

I have posted many times that newbs to this forum should spend a week or so just reading old threads,
in part because so much info is buried in the tangents that have sprouted from the original discussions.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby Beery » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:35 pm

I've never understood the idea that necroposting is bad. If a resurrected topic is unpopular, it'll go away soon enough anyway, unless the forum itself is dead, in which case necroposting doesn't matter anyway.
"I'm gonna have to ask you boys to stop raping our doctor."
Beery
Blue Hand guy

Postby Miker » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:05 pm

pennausamike wrote:
Miker wrote:What's wrong with bringing up an old thread.
It keeps it real for me. I love searching out all the different discussions involving Firefly.

Unlike some forums, I would say no one here is against "necro-posting" because
this is first and foremost a reference and learning tool.
The best reason to post in an old thread is to bring to light some new piece of information,
but there are few enough of us hardcore Firefly prop junkies
that I think many of us also enjoy just revisiting older threads.

I have posted many times that newbs to this forum should spend a week or so just reading old threads,
in part because so much info is buried in the tangents that have sprouted from the original discussions.

Mike

I took my time before posting here much. I think 6 or 7 times in the first 5 months or so. I enjoyed sitting back and learning the culture here. Then I picked it up to be a part of. Now I think I will be more selective and enjoy perusing around the site again.
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot em"
Miker
Independent Soldier

Postby jason1976 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Like the other shave said, there is no problem with "necroposting" here.

Many of us came from other larger forums, like the RPF. Over on the RPF, things are very different. If you post to an old thread over there, instead of on topic replies, you'll get a hard time, from a bunch of people who don't even know you, for waking up an old thred, and telling you, you should have started a new one. However, if you start a new thread on a topic that has ben talked about before, they will jump all over you for not using your search feture, and posting in the old thread. You just can't win, over there.

It's not like that here. This is a smaller, nicer, group of folks. We actually care aobut the info, and helping eachother out. Each new person how comes here, brings their own knowledge, and thirst for knowledge. We want to see what they can offer to each conversation (no mater how old that conversation is) and we want to help thost that need help with any given topic, even if that topic is old news for some of use.

Take this thread for instances. It's easy to look at the thread, and learn that the dress is an off the rack DKNY dress, but with each passing year, it gets harder to find the original dress, so if someone (new member, or old) has tips on how to find one, or wants to show off the one they found, that is great. It helps the thread. Or, if someone can't find one and wants to try to make one like it, that person might want to ask for measurements, or detailed pics, or something, and that too might keep the thread moving, and growing. It's all good.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby F-N-S » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:16 am

Just post whatever you want in whatever thread you like. There is no such thing as necroposting here. If there is an old thread and you have something new to add, please do! :mrgreen:
"We're gonna get that show back on the air!"
F-N-S
Pilot of this shiny forum

Return to Serenity