Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

The Independents

Talk about anything Firefly related...

Re: The Independents

Postby jason1976 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:17 pm

taimdala wrote:
jason1976 wrote:So, (If I were evil like Blue Sun mind you.) I might use a different company name, maybe one from the not too distance past, who is synonymous with war machines. Then use that Company to make weapons for both sides. "Hey we just Make the weapons, what you all choose to do with them, is your problem" kind of thing. Then Blue Sun could set back, and rack in the cash, with no real care, what people thought of that awful fake company. (as long as they keep shoveling out the cashy money. )

Who's to say they didn't? If they used a different name, how would you know it was ultimately Blue Sun? Isn't that the whole idea behind shell corporations? ;)

Well, my point was that the WY logo may have been a sign of just such a thing. (i.e. by the time of the war Weyland-Yutani may be a shell company for Blue Sun.)

taimdala wrote:
jason1976 wrote:OOOO, Reaverized Xenomorph. :) Ok, that's way of topic, but......

That would be kinda hard to do, wouldn't it? If I recall correctly, the Xenomorphs were reptilian and humans are mammalian. It's across species ... mammals are good enough to incubate but genetically different enough to not entirely cross the DNA lines. I'm sure I'm partially wrong, though, as there was some mention of possible genetic adaptation in the third movie (the abomination whose name shall not be spoken).

Xenomorph basically means Species blender (mixer, changer?). It's the brilliance of those films. The idea is, "facehuger" lays an egg in any species on a planet they wish to invade. The resulting "chest burster" is a blend of both species, so that it is already best adapted to the native species environment, etc. It grows up, into a big old blended thing, that hunts down more natives, to use as incubates, and so on.

That means, if you put it in a person, you will get an "alien" that can breath air, and walk on two legs, etc. Put it in a dog, you'll get a smaller, faster, quadruped. Put in in a serpent, you'll get something I don't want to think about. :lol:

However, my original idea was not to "facehug" a Reaver. That would just get you, more, or less, that same thing as if you put it in any other human. (more, or less) I said a "ReaverIZED Xenomorph". Meaning, a face huger already layed an egg in something, "chestburster" came out, and then it got some Pax in it's system. It would be a Xenomorph "worrier" or "drone" (which ever term you prefer.) That is all bibbeldy, cannibalistic, and not above cuting on itself, etc.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Sat May 24, 2014 12:26 am

Please stay on topic.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sat May 24, 2014 2:45 am

Sorry!
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:51 am

I took the plunge and officially started the '47th' as a Utah based Independent group. We're gearing up for some big upcoming events. We've been invited to be in the 'Days of '47' parade, which celebrates the arrival of the Pioneers in 1847. A fitting first outing. I know what my next patch offering is going to be.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:22 am

Awesome news! Congrats to you and the group.

Patch? :thumbsup:
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:29 am

Already forming ranks...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/642341779191031/

I'm trying to free up some time to build a prop tank for the first parade. I need a cleaner garage.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:33 am

Congratulations!!!
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby Miker » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:03 pm

I an located in Minnesota. I recently joined the local group here but the site for all intent and purpose is no longer visited by browncoats that post there. If anyone here is from Minnesota and wants to start up a company here please let me know. I love the show but in no way have as knowledgeable a background on the verse or the Independents as most here.
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot em"
Miker
Independent Soldier

Postby Yellowjacket » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:43 pm

You might be just the person they need to stir the coals and start something new out that way. Let us know if you start your own company.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:09 am

I've added the 23rd Lancers, which are mentioned in the Atlas of the Verse. I also added the Shadow Irregulars, which was a group I haven't thought about in awhile, but which certainly bears a special mention. While not meant to be any formally outfitted Independent force, even irregular militias should be listed. In fact, when I first started formulating the background and concept for the 47th, I always imagined them as irregulars that became a formal battalion by necessity for the cause.

This also brings up the subject of remnants. Since War brings casualties and loss, we invite people to play remnants of groups that saw heavy conflict early on. After all, you fight to the last soldier.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly Talk