Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Firefly Online Cortex

Talk about anything Firefly related...

Re: Firefly Online Cortex

Postby AZSneed » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:15 am

Mal's greetings on your Cortex recorder.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:48 am

I'm pretty happy withbmy number of posts. Not quite as many as Yellowjacket's, but once I reached the Browncoat posting level, I stopped counting.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:40 am

Ha! Ha! You will never catch me!Image
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Miker » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:01 pm

AZSneed wrote:Mal's greetings on your Cortex recorder.

I'll take it, I'll take it. :P
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot em"
Miker
Independent Soldier

Postby Bronson BB » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:02 pm

This game, that we will never see, holds the last recorded words of Shepard Book.
Fuck you, QMx.
Bronson BB
Browncoat

Postby Fanfromthefirst » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:41 pm

Bronson BB wrote:This game, that we will never see, holds the last recorded words of Shepard Book.
Fuck you, QMx.

Hear hear and succinctly put.
"Wanna meet the 'real' me now ?"
Fanfromthefirst
Independent Soldier

Postby Jan Schattling » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:07 am

Since for me, the Movie never existed, they all are still flying and though Shepard Books last words still haven't been spoken!
Jan Schattling
Alliance soldier

Postby Joatrash » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:09 am

Bronson BB wrote:Fuck you, QMx.

Devil's advocate guys. In all fairness, it may not be their fault at all. I've worked in games publishing too, not just development, and I could tell you horror stories of developers screwing the shit out of the publisher, yet getting labeled as victims by the public in the face of the "evil, money-grubbing suits" financing the game when it had to be canceled. Either or both parties could be at fault, or neither of them could be. Games are not simple to make- especially MMOs. There isn't always a solution for a problem and sometimes projects just plain fail even with the best laid intentions. It was always going to be an extreme climb.

On one hand they should probably be applauded for having the guts to try to make a MMO in this day and age, without a 200 million dollar budget. I can tell you that as much as I love Firefly, I would not have invested in such a project, knowing the current marketplace as I do.
//jOe

My prop & costume workshop/gallery:
https://www.facebook.com/joatrashfx/
Joatrash
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:25 am

You got Beta testers to find the bugs.

An example, with Microsoft, we all are Beta tester EVERY TIME a new OS came out and all updates. I hate tests.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Miker » Mon May 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Joatrash wrote:
Bronson BB wrote:Fuck you, QMx.

Devil's advocate guys. In all fairness, it may not be their fault at all. I've worked in games publishing too, not just development, and I could tell you horror stories of developers screwing the shit out of the publisher, yet getting labeled as victims by the public in the face of the "evil, money-grubbing suits" financing the game when it had to be canceled. Either or both parties could be at fault, or neither of them could be. Games are not simple to make- especially MMOs. There isn't always a solution for a problem and sometimes projects just plain fail even with the best laid intentions. It was always going to be an extreme climb.

On one hand they should probably be applauded for having the guts to try to make a MMO in this day and age, without a 200 million dollar budget. I can tell you that as much as I love Firefly, I would not have invested in such a project, knowing the current marketplace as I do.

In this case with all the promotional items sold to raise money for the game, along with all the card packs and such. Aren't the purchasers of said items share holders in a sense? And even if not, shouldn't a sorry or a statement of some sort be in order? Instead all we got was silence.
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot em"
Miker
Independent Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly Talk