Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Fan Interviews

Talk about anything Firefly related...

Re: Fan Interviews

Postby taimdala » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:43 am

Yellowjacket wrote:Interview Mike about his props for Fool Me Twice, to say nothing of his extensive collection across the fandom.

Already working on it! ;)
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby dsears30 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:20 am

Great idea
dsears30
Independent Soldier

Postby pennausamike » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:25 pm

I guess this died on the vine, kinda like my collection thread....

If Abbyshot isn't using the interview, maybe I could put it as an intro to a new pennausamike collection thread on here?

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:10 pm

Mike, mostly here is about selling than talking anymore, and not surprised, nothing really new in the Verse. Such a shame.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:16 pm

Apparently, there is talk of new material elsewhere. Yellowjacket has a new FB page where he and others discuss places all over the Verse: Show and Movie canon, head canon, fannon, QMx, and others.

I personally prefer doing that sort of thing over here, as I like the forum format better than FB.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:24 am

taimdala wrote:Apparently, there is talk of new material elsewhere. Yellowjacket has a new FB page where he and others discuss places all over the Verse: Show and Movie canon, head canon, fannon, QMx, and others.

I personally prefer doing that sort of thing over here, as I like the forum format better than FB.

I only use it to reach more people. When I find the people that have to know everything...I send them here.

In recent developments I spoke with Jose Molina and Tim Minear this week about some locations in the Verse. I can now verify that Bathgate Abbey is not on Ariel.

I posted this to an old discussion about Kowlonshi on Fireflyfans.net...

"Well…we had a little 'development'.

I asked Tim if he'd consider choosing a home planet for Kaylee, since Kowlonshi was never added to the Official Map of the Verse as a world, and no mention of it appears anywhere else but the bluray.

This lead to a discussion about the Red Sun System, since Mal mentions that they have work waiting for them on Paquin, a planet around the Heinlein protostar.

Long story short…Tim said this…

"You haven't detected Kaylee's Farradian accent? Seems so pronounced to me."

Now, this might be Tim being purposely vague, since FOX owns the rights and he may have no room to add canon where none exists. Setting that aside, let's discuss.

There is a Farraday in the Red Sun System. It's a moon of Harvest, along with Higgin's Moon. If this is where Kowlonshi is, then Kaylee grew up relatively near to Canton (or Jaynestown), but as it's implied that Jayne became a crew member after Kaylee, so the discussion of Canton likely never came up before the episode about Mudder's and Jayne's part in all of that.

It also improves the mythos, because it limits the whole 'Hero of Canton' to a narrow perspective and to the narrative of that episode and moon. Jayne never mentioned it before and no one knew about it.

Farraday is also an interesting choice, because it has a very small population and it's referred to as a 'prairie' world, so Mal's 'prairie harpy' comment ties well to Farraday. This would also mean that Kowlonshi is a place on a world and not a world itself. In short, it's a small, backwater 'rock' with prairie and a small population.

Thoughts?"
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:14 am

LOL! I love it!
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby Miker » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:11 pm

Me too, love it.
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot em"
Miker
Independent Soldier

Postby AZSneed » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:55 am

To hell with FOX, I will listen to Tim. Interesting deduction, William, it sounds good to me.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:00 am

Color me slow (or extremely distracted by shiny things, take your pick) but it finally caught up with me:

Kowlonshi was mentioned on the BluRay? Where? Dang. I really need to buy a BluRay player so I can watch my BluRay copy.
taimdala
Browncoat

Previous

Return to Firefly Talk