Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

What Happened to serenitymovie.net aka fireflydvd.com ?

Talk about anything Firefly related...

Re: What Happened to serenitymovie.net aka fireflydvd.com ?

Postby pennausamike » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:06 pm

Still gone.
I guess that is it....
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:29 pm

It is a real shame, too. As stated before, we need more Firefly. I would be glad to see any new movie or series in the Verse, like they did with Star Trek.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Joatrash » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:33 pm

AZSneed wrote: I would be glad to see any new movie or series in the Verse, like they did with Star Trek.

You mean the way they are going against the entire spirit of Trek by taking inspiration from Game of Thrones? Trek has enough history and legacy to weather the shenanigans going on, but I would rather never have seen Firefly at all than have it subjected to the crap they are doing with Trek at the moment.

If you want something that feels a little like Firefly, watch Dark Matter. It's basically a "hipper" less deep version of it, made for a slightly younger crowd. The entire character lineup just SCREAMS "Firefly fans made this". They even have a character that starts out as basically a carbon copy of Jayne, who has the same "look" as Baldwin, the same attitude and even names his guns. (He does grow the character a lot more though after the first season, in all fairness.) Overall the show is actually pretty good.
//jOe

My prop & costume workshop/gallery:
https://www.facebook.com/joatrashfx/
Joatrash
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:44 pm

I did not mean Trek now, but what they did with The Next Generation, and the older movies. The crap they call Trek now I don't watch. As for Dark Matter, never heard of it until now, since I don't have access to TV, or streaming. I would be happy with an animated series, it worked for me with Trek.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Joatrash » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Ah, yes. TNG was great. But really, if it's that kind of thing you're looking for... again... Dark Matter. It has a LOT of the same themes and ideas as Firefly did (just no western-Chinese theme, though one of the factions IS clearly Eastern-inspired). One crew of different types trying to survive, doing jobs, wanted by everyone, getting caught up in things "bigger" than themselves, the whole "becoming a family" aspect.

The first two seasons of Dark Matter are out on DVD and the third is currently running on the channel formerly known as "SciFi". It's actually very watchable, just doesn't have the same "heart" that Firefly did. Guns are pretty cool too.
//jOe

My prop & costume workshop/gallery:
https://www.facebook.com/joatrashfx/
Joatrash
Browncoat

Postby Bronson BB » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Joatrash wrote:If you want something that feels a little like Firefly, watch Dark Matter. It's basically a "hipper" less deep version of it, made for a slightly younger crowd. The entire character lineup just SCREAMS "Firefly fans made this". They even have a character that starts out as basically a carbon copy of Jayne, who has the same "look" as Baldwin, the same attitude and even names his guns. (He does grow the character a lot more though after the first season, in all fairness.) Overall the show is actually pretty good.

And the young girl who is impossibly good with tech and software...
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... a1e2f9.jpg
shops at the same clothing outlets our young girl who is impossibly good with tech and hardware does.
http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/130 ... 52FF3E2840
Bronson BB
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Are you saying....RIPOFF! Isn't it ironic that the old Sci-Fi Channel rejected more Firefly episodes and they have this series. A coincidence?
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:10 am

Kind of along the same lines as my collection thread disappearing with serenitymovie.net;
I got an email from Photobucket saying that 3rd party site picture hosting is not allowed with the (free)
current account level, so they are going to disable my ability to post pictures on forums unless I upgrade.
Posting pics on forums is literally the only reason I have a Photobucket account.
So, I hit upgrade now to see how much it would be.
They want $399 per year to host my pictures.
The pics are still up now, but when they go away,
I'll remove every pic from Photobucket and send them an email to kiss my pigu.
Really not happy, but I can't justify four hundred bucks a year,
and I'm not searching through hundreds of threads after re-uploading hundreds of pics,
to repost everything.
Basically, the changes in the internet are erasing my presence online, and I can take a hint.
Sigh...

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:40 am

I know what you mean. For awhile I have been getting up to 2 emails a day to upgrade, and I saw the cost....not worth it. Beside, I have not uploaded a picture there in over a year.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby SVDrifter » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 am

Hey guys, long time no see.

If anyone is willing, I can carve out space on my own website if anyone has a copy of that Fan Film listing. I pay yearly for the hosting and I haven't done much with it recently. I need to update and clean my own site up anyways.

Would it be stupid to offer space on my site, to resurrect the fan film listing?
SVDrifter
Independent Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Firefly Talk