Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Jayne's Boot Gaiters

Props So Nice They Had To Show Them Twice. Or more.

Re: Jayne's Boot Gaiters

Postby Entropy_80 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:55 pm

They could very well be....once I've made mine (the ones pictured are not mine BTW, I found them from some chap on photobucket) I've weather them in somehow.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
Entropy_80
Mudder

Postby msglaigaie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:01 pm

Crix13 wrote:someone told me they are something used for stunt men (or women) in the movies... but I have yet to find anything to confirm that..

I have used them on boots like Jaynes. I did three tours in SE Asia during the late sixties, early seventies. I wore those boots and I used gaiters to keep cr@p out of my socks and pants.

Now I must say these are very shiny gaiters and when completed I would like to be able to commission you to make a set for me. That is if you would be so inclined.
msglaigaie
Independent Soldier

Postby Entropy_80 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:33 am

msglaigaie wrote:
Crix13 wrote:someone told me they are something used for stunt men (or women) in the movies... but I have yet to find anything to confirm that..

I have used them on boots like Jaynes. I did three tours in SE Asia during the late sixties, early seventies. I wore those boots and I used gaiters to keep cr@p out of my socks and pants.

Now I must say these are very shiny gaiters and when completed I would like to be able to commission you to make a set for me. That is if you would be so inclined.

Lets see how they turn out first ;-)

The webbing turned up yesterday and hopefully the clips will today.

If they turn out as I hope, I'll be open to speaking with you about commissions :)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
Entropy_80
Mudder

Postby msglaigaie » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Thank you my Friend.
msglaigaie
Independent Soldier

Postby Goodwolf » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:23 pm

taimdala wrote:Hi Mike!

Okay, to answer the question of the gaiters, they look like something fabricated for the show on the spot. So ... you're not likely to find them in a store, if I'm right.

Years back, my uncle had a set of weights that strapped around your ankles but they used velcro instead of the closures shown here. I've often wondered if the gaiters weren't made from those, just with the lead shot that served for the weight removed. But even if they were, the age of the show, coupled with how they tended to look for even older stuff to fabricate with, would probably mean that even if you found some of those weights (they were kinda fad-ish) they would have probably changed the design over the years.
May have been on the losin' side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby Entropy_80 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:05 pm

Ah ok, thats pretty interesting.

I've got material to make them now, but currently distracted slightly by painting up Boo....Cant see them being too difficult to make though.
Entropy_80
Mudder

Previous

Return to Recurring props and costumes