Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Mal's Costume

Props So Nice They Had To Show Them Twice. Or more.

Mal's Costume

Postby zachl1989 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:57 pm

So I've searched and found different posts on different parts of Mals outfit. Is there a collection of information someone may be able to make so there is essentially a one stop for it all?

I'm asking due to, I've been searching around looking for good pieces to make an outfit so I can wear it to all the conventions we have here in Virginia and DC, and I came across something interesting...

http://www.skycostume.com/firefly-serenity-captain-malcolm-reynolds-brown-coat-whole-costume.html

Overall, for the price, I don't think this is too bad. It's the only place I have found where you can get the the pants with the piping already on the sides. Aside from the belt loops and the pockets, I don't think its too bad. But I want to get as accurate as I can. My biggest thing is the jacket it comes with, aside from the buckles, I don't think it's half bad. Maybe a little too light in color?

I feel like I'm trying to get into this too late. A majority of the links posted in some of the other posts are almost 7-8 years old, and they no longer work.

So, I was wondering if there was anyone who was capable of doing a "One Stop Shop" so to speak, for links too items and such to purchase for making a Mal outfit.

Thank you for your time everyone.

Respectfully,

Zach
"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
zachl1989
Reaver

Re: Mal's Costume

Postby Jan Schattling » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:28 am

Have you already read the "Firefly A Celebration" Book?
They analyse the costumes, offer high res images of the props and more often than not describe where they found the parts and how they altered them.
Jan Schattling
Alliance soldier

Postby zachl1989 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:16 am

You sir, are awesome! I didn't even know that was a thing! Thank you very much!
"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
zachl1989
Reaver

Postby Bronson BB » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 pm

This is from a while ago, but...

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=304
Bronson BB
Browncoat

Postby zachl1989 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:36 am

Thank you Bronson, I thought I had seen it before, but I couldn't find it again. So, again, Thank you :mal:
zachl1989
Reaver

Return to Recurring props and costumes