Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Book's Bible

Props So Nice They Had To Show Them Twice. Or more.

Re: Book's Bible

Postby Crix13 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:53 pm

thank you for the info

does anyone know if the ISBN number can be different versions of the book?

I find this box a lot when I put in the ISBN number.. but I always look for the other box
could it be same book just different box?

A DIFFERENT CRIX, one from
The 'Verse,a firefly/serenity costume club
http://theverse.proboards.com
Crix13
Blue Hand guy

Postby Nexus6 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Yeah, KH stated in his earlier post (on page 3), that the publisher indicated that a single ISBN could yield books that were cosmetically different. I didn't go by ANY photos, just the ISBN...

It's like a crap-shoot.

P.S. BTW, the box you posted there is the same "stock" photo that was on the link for the one I purchased. The box I received was completely different...
Nexus6
Blue Hand guy

Postby Yellowjacket » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:55 pm

And always verify the color, because it comes in different colors. There's a correct one right now on Ebay, but it's 'Brown'. Of course it would go well with a coat that's kind of a Brownish color.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Compact-Referen ... 2589a68137

Ooops. It's Burgundy.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby neverAcquiesce » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Like I did with mine, don't be afraid to simply ask the sellers for pics and specs on the book. They may not all respond, but it could save you from blowing $50 on the wrong version.
neverAcquiesce
Independent Soldier

Postby Nexus6 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:28 am

^That's^ a good idea; but for the record, that backfired on me once during my search. I found a site that had ONE of the "correct" Bibles (meaning: all the info looked correct), & I sent an e-mail to the seller to ask whether or not the words "Holy Bible" were displayed across the front cover. Within an hour, that Bible sold, & I was back to square one.

So, IF you're going to try & ask a seller questions, just be mentally prepared to lose that find to someone else. I mean, it's not as if that Bible is a particularly high-quality edition, so chances are good that I lost that one to a Browncoat who was looking for Book's Bible.

Anyway, food for thought...
Nexus6
Blue Hand guy

Postby Yellowjacket » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:25 pm

My friend and fellow Browncoat, Sean, has graciously gifted me a correct 245 for my collection. I've wanted one of these for years. It will be a great addition to the Browncoat bunker at Fan Experience next week. Thank you, Sean.

Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Congrats! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just keep River away from it! :mrgreen:
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:33 pm

AZSneed wrote:Just keep River away from it! :mrgreen:

Or don't and you'll have the most accurate "replica" around.

congratulations, it's a tough find, and to have one gifted to you is awesome.

Hm, a Shepard's Bible, at a somewhat medic themed bunker. Sounds like your unit needs a "Chaplain" or Browncoat/Shepard equivalent. It wouldn't have to be someone present, in costume, it could just be one of the pictures on the wall, with the Bible next to it, as in "Young Shepard Tomes was the first to go. Damn Purple bellies, don't have a scrap of decency, or honor, among 'em......" (Mumble something in Chinese)

If nothing else, it might keep folks from steeling patches. :) I knew this couple that used to own a comic book shop, and they would set up a booth at one of our local cons, ever year. Table, after table, of comic boxes, and one extra table. What was the extra table for? "Adult films", really nasty stuff too. Why? Because the hot wife loved to hide in the back of the booth, and wait for a particularly large group of nerds to nervously gather, and gawk at the provided material, and then she would pop out, sometimes holding a Bible, and say "Anything I can help you boys with." and watch those nerds run. :lol: Every year, after she did it a few times, all they got walking up to their booth, was people looking to do business, and actually buy comics. Didn't sell one "Adult film" though.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:46 pm

Jason, are you saying William need a Companion in the bunker, to sell patches? :shock:
Or, did I miss the message?
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:35 am

AZSneed wrote:Jason, are you saying William need a Companion in the bunker, to sell patches? :shock:
Or, did I miss the message?

Word for word.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to Recurring props and costumes