Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

36 Inch Firefly

Props So Nice They Had To Show Them Twice. Or more.

Re: 36 Inch Firefly

Postby AZSneed » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:12 pm

Looking good, Mike. :serenity1:

If you are happy, that is what is important, no matter the cost. A month ago I bought a 4 CD set of Star Trek music, and I only wanted what was on one CD, at a cost of almost $60. I am still happy I bought the set, even tho I really could not afford it.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Personal happiness is a better yardstick to measure value by, instead of popular opinion or market value. You're not endangering the welfare of your family by doing this, so I say go for it!

(Says someone who just bought 6 books on _Rogue One_ on Amazon ... for the pictures. But all the bills got paid first.)
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:38 pm

So, you buy books for pictures,too. For me, Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:59 am

Of course I buy books for the pictures. I am an image junkie and needed my fix. We are propmakers and craftsmen and need our visual references. ;)
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:43 pm

You are so right, fellow junkie! :thumbsup:
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:10 pm

To continue the derailment of my own thread :-) (but the tangents are half the fun, eh?)

taimdala wrote:(Says someone who just bought 6 books on _Rogue One_ on Amazon ... for the pictures. But all the bills got paid first.)

AZSneed wrote:So, you buy books for pictures,too. For me, Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them.

taimdala wrote:Of course I buy books for the pictures. I am an image junkie and needed my fix. We are propmakers and craftsmen and need our visual references. ;)

AZSneed wrote:You are so right, fellow junkie! :thumbsup:

That is the blessing and the curse of the internet.
When I think how much money I've spent on magazines before the internet (sci-fi, plastic model building and WWII aircraft esp.)
I just shudder to even consider adding it up.
Now that I have the internet I can do all the looking at pictures I can make time for, for a flat fee.
Of course, the curse of that is the endless possibilities for hours lost down image-junkie rabbit holes.

I'm putting together a Mixbook on WWII color pics, because WWII was the black-and-white war; right?
Well, yes and no, I'm finding.
While there are likely millions of black and white photos, there are still THOUSANDS of color photos.
A lot of these never saw the light of day because they were often groups of a dozen or so, taken for a color cover pic.
Once the color cover shot was chosen, the rest were filed away. (Too expensive to publish full color.)
But with the internet, ALL these pics can be put online at no more cost than the bandwidth.
Holy SMOKES! The floodgates have been opened.
I found over 200 color pictures taken by a Hungarian Sergeant/photographer.
There are dozens of color pics taken by the official German railroad photographer.
The USA and Britain both did wartime feature articles on women war workers, likewise supported by dozens of color pics.
My WWII in color book is now looking to be three, 200 page volumes.
(Much like my "Firefly/ Serenity: Behind The Scenes" book, that is likewise at 215 pages.)

I read someone's post where he said he was an "image hoarder", and I instantly saw the same label for myself.
I have thousands of pictures on CD's and hard drives, and a boat-load of frustration that I can't make the time to use them all as I'd like!

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:16 pm

Hoarder is such an ugly word, Mike, and unfairly saddled with negative connotations. You're an image archivist, an image curator!
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby msglaigaie » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:23 pm

taimdala wrote:an image archivist, an image curator!

Archivist...........Curator........ I like that
msglaigaie
Independent Soldier

Previous

Return to Recurring props and costumes