Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Fool Me Twice

Got something Firefly related to show off? This is the place for you!

Re: Fool Me Twice

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:15 pm

That's awesome. One has to love the non-cannon Verse that fits right in. Is Buddy Lee Creek the character's name or the make of your design?
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Yellowjacket wrote:That's awesome.
One has to love the non-cannon Verse that fits right in.
Is Buddy Lee Creek the character's name or the make of your design?

Thanks!
Buddy Lee Creek is the character's name.
I combined BLC's costume with retired General Anderson's
to create the Browncoat soldier for my son.

I've got two "kid's" graduating this May;
one from high school and one from college.
I'm going to be pretty distracted for the next few months.
BUT, I have one big piece of collector news shortly coming up,
and a long shot something with FMT, (tho' if that fizzles out, pro'ly will, forget I said anything...)

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:34 pm

I still haven't gotten around to weathering it yet,
(and I won't until end of May, earliest),
but this is the other side of Buddy Lee Creek's "AK on steroids".

Too much going on right now (financial, family, stuff that needs done)
but things will free up in a month or so, I hope.
Although one worry looming overhead (the new union contract)
ended in a great six-year contract and NOT a strike. WHEW.....

Mike
Last edited by pennausamike on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:58 pm

What is it's name? Very formidable looking.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:00 am

That AK is very nice.

I have loved that "break-open Schofield carbine" ever since i first saw it in pictures of your collection, years ago. It's just one of those guns/prop that you see in a movie, and say, "Woe Woe, what a minute, what is that.... I have to have one of those for my collection" (usually fallowed by threads, months, if not years, of blurry/grainy pictures, and searching, and someone getting short lived acclaim for finding it, or doing a run of them. :lol) Kind of like when I first saw Mal's pistol, or the watch in Equilibrium. (or a ton of other stuff, since I am a prop collector. ) And the fact that we briefly see a Schofield in firefly, makes it really fit in the verse nicely.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:17 pm

I finally finished my sonic rifle built from original Foosh rifle parts.
I flip-flopped back and forth between building a replica of the Firefly sonics, or building an EU version.
A combination of the reduced work
and the fact that the Foosh appearance dovetailed well with the look of the L-85's that were carried by Alliance troopers,
swung the decision in favor of making my sonic an EU version designed to be carried by an Alliance medic.

Here the two weapons are seen together,

and following are a few detail pictures.

Top:

Back 3/4:

Front 3/4:

and a close-up of the emitter dish:

I'm pleased with how this came out.
It is real-world-heavy and handles like a point and shoot weapon should.
I like the concept that Alliance medics can be armed with a non-lethal means of self-defense,
and feel that this prop fills that role well.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:39 am

Excellent work, it looks so real. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just please don't test it on me....PLEASE! :mrgreen:
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:37 am

Oh that turned out very nice. You've built many of my favorite EU weapons.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby keelhauler » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:29 pm

That sonic is fantastic! really great work, Mike. 8-)
"Heard tell they used to keelhaul traitors back in the day" ~ Malcolm Reynolds
keelhauler
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:46 am

Merry Christmas, yall.
Buried in this little thread will be a prose version of my "dream I can't seem to make happen".

To start off:

Episode: Fool Me Twice

ACT ONE

Hera was hardly more than a backwater world, devastated as it was by the final battles of the Unification War. The major transportation hubs and cities had been leveled from the air. Nearly a million men in uniform had come to grips on the ground, with the largest contingent of combat forces of both the Union Of Allied Planets and the Independents deployed to Serenity Valley.

Alliance Sergeant Aaron Wyatt had fought his way across a half dozen worlds, but a shrapnel grenade wound meant he was on occupation duty when the Independents suffered their final defeat at Serenity Valley. This was his first operation on Hera, removed a thousand miles, half a continent and eight years away from the carnage of the Independents' last, desperate gasp at Serenity Valley. Wyatt was career military, but after those eight years of what felt like unending occupation duty, he was thinking perhaps it was time to retire.
A gunshot rang out, bringing him back to the here-and-now of the woods a couple of kilometers away from a settlement that had sprung up, post-war.
Wyatt and his six man team of Alliance soldiers, accompanied by a pair of local cops, were after a group of suspected smugglers.

Gunshots, then a couple more. A long, ripping burst of full auto fire answered back. Wyatt moved to where the automatic fire had come from, bringing him up behind a young, local law enforcement deputy. The brush ahead of the deputy moved; the deputy fired wildly.

In his full Purplebelly armor, Sergeant Aaron Wyatt, moving in a hunched jog, stepped in and put his hand on the green-uniformed deputy's shoulder.

"Calm down bub, even the Alliance has to pay for that ammo," Wyatt said, ever the teacher. "Aim, shoot; don't forget the first part."

The nervous deputy nodded "affirmative." To Wyatt's left, the local law enforcement officer, Lieutenant Amber Fitzpatrick, shouted into the woods.

"Surrender your weapons! You are being sought for questioning in the matter of staging goods for illegal, off-world sale. No one is to be bound by law at this time. You must remand yourselves to the custody of duly authorized Union of Allied Planets officers. I repeat -"

The answer was two shots, fired rapidly. One of the smugglers shouted back from in the woods:
"Fitzpatrick, you an' yer purplebelly friends need to head on back to town where ya came from. Nuthin' out here any-a your business!"

Fitzpatrick continued, "Surrender your weapons! You are being sought -"

Bang! Ricochet...

"Gorram it, Randall, put down your weapons before somebody gets shot. And I mean you!"

The smuggler, a local named Randell Rourke taunted, "Mǎ de pìgu!" (Horse's ass)
Rourke fires another single shot.

Fitzpatrick lifts her submachinegun to fire a full auto burst.
"Yúchǔn de shānyáng luǎn!" (Stupid goat spawn)
The woods near Rourke's position are raked with fire.

Fitzpatrick turns to Wyatt, who has worked his way over to her position during the exchange of words...and...bullets.
Fitzpatrick says quietly, "Well, Sergeant, We have four of your men flanking their position. But I think Rourke is covering the rest of the group so they can make their escape. Do you want us to close a trap on them before they sneak away?

Wyatt shakes his head and answers, also quietly, "Naw, we only need one prisoner for the, cracking-down-on-smugglers-dog-and-pony-show. No sense taking or inflicting casualties for no good purpose."

Fitzpatrick's face breaks into a wry grin. "I take it you don't consider, (her tone turns sarcastical like) cracking down on smugglers, to be a good purpose?"

"No Ma'am, Lieutenant. I deal in war and security. This is just economics to me."

Wyatt's radio cracks. He sits behind better cover, as there is still occasional fire, single, rapid, a burst here and there.
Answering his radio, "This is Sergeant Wyatt, go ahead."

Alliance Colonel David Anthony replies back through the radio. "Ah, yes Sgt," in an imperious tone that translates even through the comm's tiny speaker, "you must report to Operations HQ for a mission update."

Wyatt, more than a little disgusted, answers back, "Colonel, we're taking fire here and closing a trap on one of your suspected smugglers. I'm not really -"

But Anthony is back on the radio, cutting off Wyatt, "Sgt, I'm not passing this along on an open channel. You need to report for an in-person briefing."

Wyatt shrugs at Lt. Fitzpatrick, but returns over the radio, "Yessir, Colonel."

Wyatt motions for a Purplebelly Corporal to join him and Lt. Amber Fitzpatrick behind cover. Corporal Thomas runs over, a couple of shots kicking up behind him.

Wyatt says to both Fitzpatrick and the Corporal, "I need a little cover fire here. I've been ordered to report to HQ for some mission update. Don't kill anyone if you don't have to. Just keep 'em amused 'til I get back or you get new instructions."

With that, cradling his drum-fed SMG, Wyatt is moving out at crouch, using cover to exit the skirmish.
pennausamike
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to Non-canon props