Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Custom Spacesuit Build

Got something Firefly related to show off? This is the place for you!

Re: Custom Spacesuit Build

Postby pennausamike » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:18 am

Mike J. wrote:You had me at 'spacesuit' ... and 'patches' ... and 'decals' ...

Oh My!

Following with interest,
Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:24 am

AZSneed wrote:I alway wanted to make a spacesuit, just never could decide on a design.

Are you going with coveralls for the suit? I have see in 50's and 60's TV/films that style, and it worked.

I have multiple options and I'm still exploring some aspects of the costume, so I don't know for certain. Since everything has to match on these to look like they all came from the same manufacturer, I've been hesitant on some parts. I have some 70% of the costume idea ready to go, so I'm going to build what I know for sure and experiment on some I'm not so certain about. Most of the greeblie bits are 50/50 combinations of found items with custom modifications to achieve that old world style with future sci-fi.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Miker » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:59 pm

taimdala wrote:I agree, Miker.

Privacy for the military enlistee (and officers too, with options to block info, of course) would be long dead and gone.

That's the Alliance for you ... but in a lot of ways, this is already reality. Ask any rancher who faces government pressure to chip his cattle. Only ask politely--it's a very touchy issue. ;) My point being ... if we're mandating it for cattle now, how long before they're mandating it for *people*?

I think for the sake of tracking Mad Cow disease, it makes sense. We are still a long way off from visitors from another planet seeing people as just another food source I hope, but I still think we will find a just cause for placing information chips in people. ( It may start with medical information under the guise of a life saving technique). I like that Mike addressed this in one of his stories. I wonder if Yellowjacket will address it in the patch work within the suit he is designing?
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot em"
Miker
Independent Soldier

Postby Beery » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Yellowjacket wrote:Just let me know if you are interested.

The answer is YES!

Also, if I could add flashing text, little fireworks graphics, limbo dancers and that weird gif with the dramatic chipmunk, I would. Oh wait, that last one I can do:

"I'm gonna have to ask you boys to stop raping our doctor."
Beery
Blue Hand guy

Postby Yellowjacket » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:58 pm

Miker wrote:I wonder if Yellowjacket will address it in the patch work within the suit he is designing?

I don't remember the last time someone speculated about me in the third person in a thread of mine.

Does the suit have a tracking system? Yes. As a mining suit it has a sophisticated tracking system for safety purposes. They suits have hihgh visibility colors and markings as well. Do the miners have tracking chips in their bodies? Nope. Not unless they were hired on already having them. If they leave the suit in the environments where they work, well...so long muchachos. Does it matter for this project? Nope. Anything of that nature would be built within the suit and not seen anyway. There will be some obvious emergency and safety markings.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Previous

Return to Non-canon props