Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Actor Character Signatures

Got something Firefly related to show off? This is the place for you!

Re: Actor Character Signatures

Postby Tex » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:25 pm

That would make me a very happy geek!
If you can't do something smart, Do something right.
Tex
Blue Hand guy

Postby Tex » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:02 am

Just fiddling around getting the details. the background and color matching will take a minute. something else has popped up I believe...

EDIT: Turns out, I'm kicking in a few designs for "STAND". too ruttin' shiny. I'll work on this as soon as I finish designing more booze.
If you can't do something smart, Do something right.
Tex
Blue Hand guy

Postby drewsmith007 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:27 pm

So, a couple of weeks ago my girlfriend and I went to the Dallas Comic Con and got to meet Summer Glau. We didn't bring anything for her to sign, and since it was both of our first times getting a celebrity signature, we didn't know if they had anything there or not. So, on the way to the convention, we stopped at a harbor freight and picked up a box of blue latex gloves, thinking it would be a cool and unique thing for her to sign.

While we were standing in line, the guy ahead of us mentioned not having anything either, so we offered him one of our spare gloves. He looked at us quizzically, and said "What's the significance?" granted, he knew her from T:TSCC but he declined the glove anyway.

So this got us thinking, did we just make some mistake and she won't get the reference? We were both a little star struck, so we didn't think to ask if she got it, but my girlfriend did ask if she had ever had anyone bring one and she said "Nope, this is a first!"

She was really nice, and it was a pretty cool first celebrity experience... So, do you guys think it was too obscure a reference for her?

Bwah.
drewsmith007
Independent Soldier

Postby keelhauler » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Nah, I can't imagine Summer didn't get the reference. "Two by two, hands of blue." She knew what they represented
"Heard tell they used to keelhaul traitors back in the day" ~ Malcolm Reynolds
keelhauler
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:23 pm

William B. Davis came and spoke locally and we were allowed to get things signed by him. I handed him a pack of Marlboros and he laughed so hard he almost choked. It stopped the line cold while he talked to us about it. No one had ever given him a more significant thing to sign. Once signed, he didn't want to give it back.

Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Citizen_Browncoat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:31 pm

I have the signatures of the entire cast on a framed and matted promotional poster from Firefly. It was done by a professional collectables shop in California and is one of my more prized pieces. I also have a Season 1 blaster from BSG that I got signed by Helo at D*Con last year. I cant post pictures right now - but I will once I get home.

Last edited by Citizen_Browncoat on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"May have been the losin' side - Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
Citizen_Browncoat
Serenity Crew Member

Postby drewsmith007 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Citizen_Browncoat wrote:... Season 1 blaster from BSG that I got signed by Helo at D*Con last year. I cant post pictures right now - but I will once I get home.

Please do. One of my favorite pistols and Helo was my favorite BSG character.
Bwah.
drewsmith007
Independent Soldier

Postby drewsmith007 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Also, I'm headed to Trek Expo in Tulsa this weekend, and Levar Burton will be there. I'm in the process of building the Geordi Visor for him to sign, I'll post pics when I finish. You can find the build on the RPF.
Bwah.
drewsmith007
Independent Soldier

Postby Goodwolf » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:29 pm

One year at Dragon*Con, Peter Jurassik was there. I figured he was about sick of looking at pictures of Londo, so I drifted around until I found a Tron light cycle. He played a small part as a CPA program, but if they made an action figure of his character, I couldn't find it. It was nice to see him smile when I put it in front of him. He didn't think anybody remembered him from that.

I think that sometimes it makes their day when they get something unexpected like that, especially if they have a reputation for one role.
May have been on the losin' side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby Citizen_Browncoat » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:45 am

There you go Drew
"May have been the losin' side - Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
Citizen_Browncoat
Serenity Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Non-canon props