Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

The Ransom Project

Got something Firefly related to show off? This is the place for you!

Re: The Ransom Project

Postby AZSneed » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:35 am

Image Ransom is back! I'm looking forward to the delicious props.

I guess it ain't a secret anymore....bad Lloyd, bad. :(
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:11 am

It is not much, but, I tweaked my logo. I changed the font, reworked the gear to make it look new, rotated it slightly, and removed the reflection in the helmet lens. It reflects changes at my company. More on that later.

AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Niiiice. A good business should evolve. I'm working on stuff for several local business spots. I just wish I had more free time. The list I have for Ransom alone has some 4 dozen or more prop ideas I haven't even started yet.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks. I am looking forward to the expansion of Ransom.

If possible, I still need an address to put on invoices off world. Sure, I am well known in Ransom, but an address is better. I could tell off worlders, look for the Business surrounded by Alliance Troops. :mrgreen:
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:56 pm

AZSneed wrote:Thanks. I am looking forward to the expansion of Ransom.

If possible, I still need an address to put on invoices off world. Sure, I am well known in Ransom, but an address is better. I could tell off worlders, look for the Business surrounded by Alliance Troops. :mrgreen:

Zenith is in a unique spot. Technically, most people access Zenith right off the airfield tarmacs, and Zenith could have applied for an airfield designation. Zenith is also close enough to Main Street (Old 89 Highway) to have an address on one of the oldest streets in Ransom. Zenith is also at the end of what used to be a connecting alley that has a very disputed name. The alley is called the 'slip road' by some, the alley by a few and considered an extension of 'Central' by others. Central connects most of the Alliance held properties at Ransom and the slip road has become a natural extension of it over time. As you can see, the choices of 'address' are varied.

Now, I think it sits far enough off of Main/Old 89 that you should choose one of the other options. I also imagined that the Alliance might have renumbered the airfield designations with the establishment of Ransom Tower and Central Facilities.

I know, this isn't an answer, but it does open the floor to discussions on streets and addresses, which is good. Zenith is as good a place to start as any.

Note:

Central Road started out as two or more cart roads with no names at all, but as Ransom grew, these roads all became connected, including the outbound road West of Ransom that winds all the way up to a communications facility owned and operated by the Alliance and private firms outside of town.

The Alliance first wished to call the lower part of the new road 'Center Street', but the locals threw this name out at once, simply because everyone who heard it had the same thing to say. "It's not Central". Ransomites are pragmatic to a fault.

The second name was even less well received, as the Alliance offered the name 'Federal Road', a decidedly lead balloon suggestion in the Outskirts.

A woman out of White Horse suggested a compromise on the first suggestion and noted that the new road was 'Central' to all of the Alliance owned properties, so Central stuck. It was voted in with the most 'shrugs' ever given at a town meeting. The 'why not' vote is not uncommon in Ransom.

Other roads in Ransom are named in similar fashion, with general agreement on a name based on tradition or simplicity. For example, the next largest town road just to the West of Main is simply called West Road or 'Just West'.
Last edited by Yellowjacket on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:50 am

AZSneed wrote:If possible, I still need an address to put on invoices off world. Sure, I am well known in Ransom, but an address is better.

Did that help?
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:16 am

Yes. Sorry, I got distracted, and forgot to let you know.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:50 am

I'm always open to fielding questions about Ransom. I'm also working on a great many neighboring additions from New Cumberland, White Horse, South Shores, Baal Docks, etc. I'm also working with Chris Schultz again on some collaborative pieces. He's designing a new freighter for an upcoming series of props.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:43 am

If I need more info, you will be getting my questions. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Many neighboring additions! Shiny! :mal:
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Sat May 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Is there any one prop you'd like to see most when it comes to Ransom? I know many people have tuned in and followed this thread, so I'd love to know what collectible you'd like to see.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to Non-canon props