Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Courage, the webseries

Got something Firefly related to show off? This is the place for you!

Re: Courage, the webseries

Postby AZSneed » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:48 am

Also, Ransom. The Verse will never die, but the population is moving out. With 14 episodes, a movie, some comics, and some fan films, it is hard to keep the interest going. Look at here, almost dead. I will always be a fan, just not as enthusiastic as before, we need something big to spark new interest and fans or dare I say, a reboot.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:41 am

Yellowjacket wrote:Has it really been 7 years?

I have been attached to a lot of dead projects. Courage is gone.
Into the Black is on a hard drive somewhere, but no one will do anything with it.
STAND is stalled and Andrew hasn't said anything about it in so long I quit asking.
No news on the Freedom series.
I'm still holding out hopes for Bellflower and a second installment from The Verse would be great.

AZSneed wrote:Also, Ransom. The Verse will never die, but the population is moving out.
With 14 episodes, a movie, some comics, and some fan films, it is hard to keep the interest going.
Look at here, almost dead. I will always be a fan, just not as enthusiastic as before,
we need something big to spark new interest and fans or dare I say, a reboot.

I hear ya, brothers.
Let's take stock for a quick moment.

To the plus, without reservation:
frankly, (in my view) not a thing.
The dead Wash comic series holds exactly zero interest for me, and it is the only official new content.

To the plus, but there's a catch:
there are three new fan films seriously striving to reach the finish line,
but their content has been restricted to project backers to avoid running afoul of the copyright lawyers.
I feel confident that 2017 will see the DVD release of "Browncoats: Independence War", "A Faithful Companion"
and "Shadows On The Wind".
Also, I think we'll see one, possibly two more segments of "Bellflower" on the www,
but I think we are still years from the finish line.

To the minus, there's plenty:
I've come to the conclusion that "Into The Black" is dead.
Some of the folks involved actually seem kind of embarrassed about the project now,
and there is no way for them to get together and fill in any blanks necessary to complete the editing.
I get a similar vibe from "Freedom: The Series".
"STAND" I can't speak to, but, well, if William is out of the loop, I'd say that doesn't bode well for that one.
A second chapter of "the Verse" would be nice, and I don't have any meaningful connection to the creators;
but my general feeling is that they are all striving to make the visual arts a paying proposition,
and thus aren't positioned to revisit the crew of the Overland.
Oh, and it's official; "Fool Me Twice" is DObeforeA.
My warm feelings for growing the 'verse outside of official content have cooled pretty considerably
in the face of the original creator turning out to be a bile-spewing, full-on, twitter-loon.
(More on that to be wrapped up in Too Toxic 2)
And likewise a reboot. Count me out.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby msglaigaie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:36 pm

"My warm feelings for growing the 'verse outside of official content have cooled pretty considerably
in the face of the original creator turning out to be a bile-spewing, full-on, twitter-loon."

sad to say I agree. I love the 'verse, but I feel it fading and I am not happy with that
msglaigaie
Independent Soldier

Postby Fanfromthefirst » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:43 pm

"The world has moved on" Stephen King "The Dark Tower "
seems interest in the ' Verse has too :(
"Wanna meet the 'real' me now ?"
Fanfromthefirst
Independent Soldier

Postby AZSneed » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:06 pm

On another thought, on September 20th of this year, Firefly will be 15 years old.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Previous

Return to Non-canon props