Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Courage, the webseries

Got something Firefly related to show off? This is the place for you!

Re: Courage, the webseries

Postby AZSneed » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:03 am

Tap...tap...is this on? :lol:
I bet it was done in Windows, #$@&*#$ Microsoft TM. :shock:

Any chance for some soundtrack release? I like the theme.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:39 am

AZSneed wrote:Any chance for some soundtrack release? I like the theme.

Yes. Justin and I discussed that again just last night. There may be some mp3 releases of individual tracks early on, but a true soundtrack will only come after the first run of episodes is complete. I'll ask about a schedule on that, but it will be a month or two yet I think.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:59 am

Thanks for the info, and let me know when any mp3's are released.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:32 pm

I talked to Justin yesterday and he said that music should be released sometime in June.

And while I'm already typing, I should explain something a little better. I'm a graphic designer for the project. I have not been privy to any scripts for Courage, apart from some plot points here and there, and an early draft that was completely changed. The first time that Episode One aired was the first time that I saw it or knew anything of the story. I'm about 900+ miles removed from where the first episodes are being filmed and edited, so I'm fielding most of the calls back and forth between all of you and Justin. The only work of mine that has appeared so far in the series is the logo painted on the side of Courage herself and the design of the Courage website. Apart from that most of my work will not appear until later on, and most of it only when they film specific episodes here in Utah.

I say all of this so that you understand that while I have Justin's ear, I only know as much as I can get by phone and email. I've received numerous emails asking me why this or that was done in the story or during filming, but I only know just a little more than the rest of you. Still, I'm happy to take any question to the crew and I strongly encourage people to go to the forum and ask questions publicly there.

I can tell you this....Mediablender picked up a lot of new equipment and software this week. They will have a very nice 'rendering tower' (one of those monster towers that make regular computers look like toys). They should have all of the sound issues solved for the next episode and they're getting lots of local support.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks again for the info. I DO understand your position in the series, and anymore info you can give us is appreciated.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Harbinger » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:46 pm

Totally understandable Yellowjacket.

So you're saying we shouldn't submit script ideas? :P
------

John
Harbinger
Independent Soldier

Postby Yellowjacket » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:05 am

Oh no. All scripts from any project should be submitted to me first.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:18 pm

As this thread is still visited by some members and guests, and since you're all probably wondering what became of Courage, I thought that I should tell you what is going on. Unfortunately, I can't be sure.

The project was stalled by a departure of two cast members back in May. This departure was not as quiet as we implied on the website. In a word, there was 'friction'. This friction brought the Courage project to a halt, and for good reason. Many phone calls and emails were exchanged, and Justin decided to take the high ground publicly and remain determined to finish what he started. Still, he was a bit disenfranchised by the whole matter and when he asked me personally what he should do, I told him to take a short break, regroup and begin anew in June.

Meanwhile, I attended CONduit in Salt Lake and promoted all of the fan films that I could think of at the time. The fans ate it up. We turned many of them to projects they had never heard of. The word was spread.

Then the weeks passed, and most of June came and went without word, but for the many fans who contacted us by email or on the boards asking what our intentions were. Attempts to find out any news myself went unanswered, and what with some three months behind us since the trouble in May, I thought that you should know that I personally think the project has been shelved. I would like to be wrong about this, but I only know what I know.

Some of the writers have gone on to new projects, with many of them joining forces with Michael Welch at Illusionext. Some artists from Courage have donated their work elsewhere. Phil was gracious enough to contribute his Courage soundtrack to the Freedom webseries.

Please note how grateful I am to those artists who have contributed to Courage and to many of them which have decided to donate their work to other fan projects, i.e. Into the Black, Freedom and Browncoats: Redemption. A big thanks to Justin for heading up the Courage project. Without his enthusiasm, many of these contributors would not have known that spark which has set fire to so much enthusiasm on other fan films.

And a hearty thanks to the fans who supported Courage.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Goodwolf » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:17 pm

I noticed that the FB posts had been... not. And it's a pity because while I thought there were some rough spots in the first episode, there was some really good potential as well.
May have been on the losin' side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:51 am

Has it really been 7 years?

I have been attached to a lot of dead projects. Courage is gone. Into the Black is on a hard drive somewhere, but no one will do anything with it. STAND is stalled and Andrew hasn't said anything about it in so long I quit asking. No news on the Freedom series. I'm still holding out hopes for Bellflower and a second installment from The Verse would be great.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to Non-canon props