Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

The Expanding Verse

Got something Firefly related to show off? This is the place for you!

Re: The Expanding Verse

Postby monkey540 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:27 pm

Talk to Yellowjacket, he provided an excellent set of ships papers from the Wallet run that was done with Badger. I got my set from him, and it's beautiful.

Edit: I just did a comparison with the PDF you linked to, and ALL those pages are reproduced in the set I have, likely with some minor changes here and there to keep it their own. Super high quality too.
monkey540
Independent Soldier

Postby Yellowjacket » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:20 pm

To be Fair, I only provided MY EU papers. Stephen handled the others.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Kiith » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:40 pm

Yep, I have already started talking to Yellowjacket in PMs and i do agree his work is the best I have seen out there.
Kiith
Reaver

Postby Bronson BB » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Kiith wrote: I have been searching for ship registration papers and other ship specific paper work that is blank that i can fill in and print out myself...
Sheet four through six isn't really applicable because i am not flying a firefly ship.

And now we need blank paperwork specific to every ship in the `Verse.
Bronson BB
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:47 pm

Bronson BB wrote:
Kiith wrote: I have been searching for ship registration papers and other ship specific paper work that is blank that i can fill in and print out myself...
Sheet four through six isn't really applicable because i am not flying a firefly ship.

And now we need blank paperwork specific to every ship in the `Verse.

Oh man! Yeah!!!

I wonder if there's work/money to be had doing that? :P
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:48 pm

To be fair, I think it's a GREAT IDEA ... just wondering where I could get the schematics of the ships needed, though. I'd hate to do a half-assed job drawing them on my own. Given my pen tool skills in Photoshop, anything I attempt for ship schematics WILL look half-assed.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby Kiith » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:21 pm

I dont think anyone has done a comprehensive blueprint of all the ships related to firefly. The pen and paper books i have do include a -few- of the ships with layouts ranging from very detailed to extremely basic. however i do mean a few like less than 5 ships out of the 30+ in the book.

I think the best and more efficient course of action is to create a generic but high quality blank ship registration form that could fit any class or model of ship. I have no idea how many ships there are in the verse but i would guess so many it would take years to blueprint them all. Not to mention because there is almost no art attached to these ships some would literally have to be made up from a one paragraph or less description.
Kiith
Reaver

Postby monkey540 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:59 pm

Yellowjacket wrote:To be Fair, I only provided MY EU papers. Stephen handled the others.

Apologies to Stephen, I didn't know who had worked on them. All the papers are beautiful. Oh and would it be alright with you if I posted my filled out ships papers that I've done from the blank ones you shared?
monkey540
Independent Soldier

Postby zaebra » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:41 pm

several years ago, i made a full set replicating what i could find and imitating what i couldn't find. i made them for our firefly rpg game that i ran at the time. i'm quite the novice at propmaking, but i spent a lot of time and learned a lot making them. you're welcome to them, if you want. i don't know if i want to spend the time updating them to current file formats and making shiny fillable pdfs out of them, but if someone were so inclined <coughyellowjacketcough>, i'd be happy to donate them to the propverse for such a project. just let me know if you're interested.
zaebra
Independent Soldier

Postby taimdala » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Hi Zaebra! Long time, no see! ^_^
taimdala
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to Non-canon props