Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Suggestions for what to make with these little bottles

Got something Firefly related to show off? This is the place for you!

Suggestions for what to make with these little bottles

Postby keelhauler » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:19 pm

I have several fungul culture bottles that seem well-suited to make into some type of verse item. I'm looking for suggestions as to what they could be used for and for graphics that could go on them.

If we come up with something folks like I will be happy to send out some of the bottles for the cost of shipping (since I got them for free). I only have 12 bottles though, so they are limited.

Thanks in advance for your input! Cheers, KH

"Heard tell they used to keelhaul traitors back in the day" ~ Malcolm Reynolds
keelhauler
Browncoat

Re: Suggestions for what to make with these little bottles

Postby F-N-S » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Put a pill bottle label on it and you have a nice Ariel - St.Lucy's prop

Med_Label.jpg

I forgot who made the label! Thanks! :)

Do you collect Mold, Spores and Fungus? :mrgreen:
"We're gonna get that show back on the air!"
F-N-S
Pilot of this shiny forum

Postby zaebra » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:13 pm

you could put tic-tacs in them and label them as medications. (i have a few labels i found somewhere, if you need them.)

you might be able to work up a "meal-in-a-bottle" thing, using the alliance food bar as a comparison, since the food bar could supposedly feed a family for a month; a meal or two would be quite small and likely fit in a bottle that size.

you could label them souvenir dirt from earth-that-was as a cure-all in the style of the old snake oil bottles (and it would be equally as fake).

you could use christina hendricks' likeness (maybe cartoonized?) and label them as saffron threads.. get it? saffron is the most expensive spice you can buy, so it would make sense to have it in small bottles like that.

you could put neko wafers in them and label them as an antacid like alka-seltzer. we actually have a 6" tall glass tube bottle for alka seltzer from the 20's, and it's way cool.

you could put a couple of funky dice, some chinese coins, and some sort of small carved figurines in it with the rules of a chinese dice game on it (look up "jactus" for an ancient roman game as an example). that way it'd be a prop that gets used and played with.

you could label them as stylish single-shot alcohol packages from a trendy bar, although that might be getting too bladerunner. they are plastic, though, so it's more likely to be something from the core and might just work.

that's all i can think of right now. hope that helps!
zaebra
Independent Soldier

Postby keelhauler » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:45 pm

thanks for the ideas guys!

Frank, I thought about those medicine labels, too. Nope, don't collect molds, spores, or fungi! :lol: At least not yet anyway.

zaebra, some interesting ideas! Thanks. I like the dice/game idea. I have some of the chinese dice similar to the ones seen for a nanosecond in Serenity the movie. Two of them take up most of the bottle. Smaller ones would definitely be needed.

Thanks guys. I will ponder these ideas........
"Heard tell they used to keelhaul traitors back in the day" ~ Malcolm Reynolds
keelhauler
Browncoat

Return to Non-canon props