Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Blue sun stuff

Got something Firefly related to show off? This is the place for you!

Blue sun stuff

Postby Tex » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:43 pm

:D Been skulking around for a while, just joined and thought I would share some of my stuff.

I designed my fruity oaty bar after the 2 canon examples. used the sides of the bobblehead stand and the top of the production art turned lithograph from the good people at qmx. it was made to wrap around king size hershey bars (I know they're not fruity or oaty but the come wrapped in gold foil if you buy the dark chocolate ones) I can't help but be a stickler for accuracy on my own work. I hope y'all think it's as shiny as I do

Edit: The Mandarin writing on the cigar label is a poem that coined the chinese word for cigar I simply removed all of the spaces for looks.
If anyone knows who did the not mandatory I used on the back please let me know so I can sredit them.

Blue sun bber
http://www.deviantart.com/download/285162008/blue_sun_beer_label_by_emptysamurai-d4ps0ew.png

Blue sun cigar stuff for re labeling a box
full size
http://www.deviantart.com/download/285489807/blue_sun_cigars_by_emptysamurai-d4pz1cf.png

My Blue sun cigarette pack

Blue sun whiskey label (based on 100% grain alcohol label from the maidenhead fight scene now being sold as a qmx shirt) I also re did that label since it's true canon wasn't sure if I should post or if it would be stepping on their toes. I just had to have it as a label for my collection and the image from the shirt was to blurry for my tastes.
Last edited by Tex on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't do something smart, Do something right.
Tex
Blue Hand guy

Re: Blue sun stuff

Postby Crix13 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:51 pm

I absolutely loves these!!!
great work!

just my 2 cents...for the beer, you should at something for the top of the bottle. kinda like the cigar band
A DIFFERENT CRIX, one from
The 'Verse,a firefly/serenity costume club
http://theverse.proboards.com
Crix13
Blue Hand guy

Postby pennausamike » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:03 pm

I don't like them at all....
:)
....naw, I couldn't say that with a straight face.

I think all the labels are very cool, and I especially always like additional tax stamps and such in the 'verse.
VERY cool addition to the non-canon (but-they-oughta-be) props section!

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby Tex » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Glad y'all dig what I'm doing. Do y'all think I would be alright to post my (totally canon) 100%grain alcohol label in the serenity section? I need help IDing the bottle it goes on and I thought (even though it's on a shirt too) that others may want that particular label from the maidenhead barfight as I haven't seen a good crisp one anywhere else. I had to scrounge around the net for translators to help me get the string of gibberish mandarin at the bottom (I only know profanity....) so I'm quite proud of it check it out.

http://emptysamurai.deviantart.com/#/d4pzbdl
Last edited by Tex on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you can't do something smart, Do something right.
Tex
Blue Hand guy

Postby AZSneed » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:44 am

Excellent work! ImageImage

I'm glad to get more Verse stuff.Image
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby JakobOz » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:13 pm

I used the beer label here, and also tried putting a cigar band on the neck. I am working on covering the case. It's not finished, but it's based on the label Tex provided. Simple white with blue border and logo. It would probably look nicer jazzed up, but my printer doesn't seem to like doing anything but the blue logo on a white background. Now I just need to finish it and the other 3 bottles. I'll have a template of the box when I'm finished, if anyone might want that.

JakobOz
Blue Hand guy

Postby neverAcquiesce » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Is there anything Blue Sun doesn't have its greedy mitts on? We'll have fan-made condom wrappers next...

:shock:
neverAcquiesce
Independent Soldier

Postby pennausamike » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:10 pm

neverAcquiesce wrote:Is there anything Blue Sun doesn't have its greedy mitts on? We'll have fan-made condom wrappers next...

:shock:

That's already been done.
I have it buried on a digital file, somewhere...

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby JakobOz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:12 am

Heh, now that you mention it, the lady friend was complaining recently that I didn't make anything for her. I am very tempted to make a box of Blue Sun tampons as a gag. Although the condom wrappers do sound pretty funny...
JakobOz
Blue Hand guy

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 pm

JakobOz wrote:Heh, now that you mention it, the lady friend was complaining recently that I didn't make anything for her. I am very tempted to make a box of Blue Sun tampons as a gag.

If you think that will go over well, but you might consider Blue Sun chocolates instead.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Next

Return to Non-canon props