Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

In Serenity: The TV pilot

Found some bloopers, goofs, continuity errors or other funny things? Post it here!

In Serenity: The TV pilot

Postby Bronson BB » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:45 pm

It's been a quiet couple of days, so...

Here're a few more of the more noticeable Bloopers from the pilot that we haven't mentioned here already.

(Stolen from Browncoats.com)

* When the crew is breaking into the hold of the derelict you can see some of the 'sticky' used to "boil" the door lock before its even been applied.
* When Inara flies her shuttle away after her client leaves, she holds the "steering wheel" upside down. This can be seen in the opening credits as well.
* When Mal decks Simon, if you look closely or play it in slo-mo, you can see the hands of a man who catches Sean as he falls.
* During the shoot out on Whitefall, Zoe uses her hand to cock her gun but misses and has to try again. This also appears in the opening credits.
* During the "Crazy Ivan", the two shots of the port engine flipping are reversed -- it flips forward (into normal position) in the first shot, then flips backwards in the second shot. It should be the other way around.
Bronson BB
Browncoat

Re: In Serenity: The TV pilot

Postby Sisck79 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Wash didnt have a steering wheel in the last few scenes
Sisck79
Reaver

Postby Bronson BB » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:12 pm

Sisck79 wrote:Wash didnt have a steering wheel in the last few scenes

True.
http://fireflyprops.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12

And Alan played it off so well that I never noticed until I was told.
Bronson BB
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:49 am

When Inara's Shuttle takes off to rendezvous with Serenity and the title Persephone is on the screen, look to the right on a tower, and the numbers 671107 is backwards.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:49 pm

Someone in the 47th asked about doing a large support gun impression, so I was going through footage from Serenity Valley looking for gun emplacements when I came across this guy. He's standing right out in the open with his hands in his pockets. He's just standing there for the duration of the shot with no discernible gun and what appears to be blue jeans.

Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Bronson BB wrote:It's been a quiet couple of days, so...

Here're a few more of the more noticeable Bloopers from the pilot that we haven't mentioned here already.

(Stolen from Browncoats.com)

* When the crew is breaking into the hold of the derelict you can see some of the 'sticky' used to "boil" the door lock before its even been applied.
* When Inara flies her shuttle away after her client leaves, she holds the "steering wheel" upside down. This can be seen in the opening credits as well.
* When Mal decks Simon, if you look closely or play it in slo-mo, you can see the hands of a man who catches Sean as he falls.
* During the shoot out on Whitefall, Zoe uses her hand to cock her gun but misses and has to try again. This also appears in the opening credits.
* During the "Crazy Ivan", the two shots of the port engine flipping are reversed -- it flips forward (into normal position) in the first shot, then flips backwards in the second shot. It should be the other way around.

Great catches, all of these! I wish I had a Blu-ray player.

AZSneed wrote:When Inara's Shuttle takes off to rendezvous with Serenity and the title Persephone is on the screen, look to the right on a tower, and the numbers 671107 is backwards.

I noticed that and wondered if it were a fake font or just a decorative element slapped onto the building ... or maybe they'd reversed the image for some reason. Simplest answer is usually the right one, I reasoned, so it's probably just a reversed image. Still not sure why they did it, unless they wanted the movement flow from left to right across that shot and the one that followed it for a better visual transition or something.

Bronson BB wrote:
Sisck79 wrote:Wash didnt have a steering wheel in the last few scenes

True.
http://fireflyprops.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12

And Alan played it off so well that I never noticed until I was told.

And I didn't either. I had to go back and look and danged if it wasn't true!
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:41 pm

Yeah, I never noticed the steering wheel thing, until I read it on here, and now I can't help but see it, and laugh. :)

Yellowjacket wrote:Someone in the 47th asked about doing a large support gun impression, so I was going through footage from Serenity Valley looking for gun emplacements when I came across this guy. He's standing right out in the open with his hands in his pockets. He's just standing there for the duration of the shot with no discernible gun and what appears to be blue jeans.

:lol: Maybe it's Joss.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:45 am

My thought, too. Or maybe Tim.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:53 am

taimdala wrote:
AZSneed wrote:When Inara's Shuttle takes off to rendezvous with Serenity and the title Persephone is on the screen, look to the right on a tower, and the numbers 671107 is backwards.

I noticed that and wondered if it were a fake font or just a decorative element slapped onto the building ... or maybe they'd reversed the image for some reason. Simplest answer is usually the right one, I reasoned, so it's probably just a reversed image. Still not sure why they did it, unless they wanted the movement flow from left to right across that shot and the one that followed it for a better visual transition or something.

Your reasoning on the movement flow is likely right. It is an old trick. It is weird, that it is a CGI shot, they could have easly had fixed it, unless it was on purpose, to see if us fans would notice it.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby JHiggins » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:11 pm

During the last fist fight/gun fight -- You can see a camera guy very clearly filming off to the right of frame when Wash goes out the cargo bay door.

Since this forum doesn't resize, for some reason, click here to view: http://i.imgur.com/w3P6psi.jpg
JHiggins
Blue Hand guy

Next

Return to Bloopers