Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

most of that got ate up by the fire on its way out the door

Found some bloopers, goofs, continuity errors or other funny things? Post it here!

most of that got ate up by the fire on its way out the door

Postby BrowncoatKal » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:45 am

One blooper I've always noticed is during the fire evacuation scene in Out of Gas. When Mal opens Serenity's cargo doors out into space, you see the fire fly by the workout bench and weights. Sure those are heavy, but not so that they wouldn't be ripped from the floor and flung like rubber chickens at the door with the crates. I'm thinking the producers felt that either people wouldn't notice they didn't move, or would think that their weight would prevent them from moving (or perhaps they forgot about them all together). As they are important background props used in various episodes, they couldn't very well let them be ejected into space, but having them flung willy nilly at the doors would have helped emphasize just how powerful the vacuum of space truly is.
The 'Verse, a Firefly/Serenity/Costuming Club
http://theverse.proboards.com
BrowncoatKal
Blue Hand guy

Re: most of that got ate up by the fire on its way out the d

Postby drewsmith007 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:22 pm

The bench may have been bolted down, and the weights very well could have a mass/cross-sectional area ratio high enough for them not to have been blown (sucked?) out.
Bwah.
drewsmith007
Independent Soldier

Postby jason1976 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:33 pm

drewsmith007 wrote:The bench may have been bolted down, and the weights very well could have a mass/cross-sectional area ratio high enough for them not to have been blown (sucked?) out.

Yeah, if I had a spaceship (with artificial gravity, or not) And I had a weight bench aboard, I would bolt down the bench, and have some way of securing the weights wall in flight. (though I guess I wouldn't need weights if I didn't have artificial gravity) You never know when, things might go weightless, get blown, or sucked, around, or bump your ship into something (like a plannet) and you don't want that kind of weight flying around loose.

Actually I think of it the other way around. I think the blooper would be that they didn't secure their cargo better.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby Fanfromthefirst » Sun May 18, 2014 8:35 pm

One continuity error I noticed in this episode is when Mal is showing Zoe Serenity for the first time.Mal's coat has the repaired gunshot
that he received from Patience in the pilot episode.That said this is my favorite episode,Mal's face in the last shot tells you everything you need to know about how he feels toward Serenity.
"Wanna meet the 'real' me now ?"
Fanfromthefirst
Independent Soldier

Return to Bloopers