Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Buying anything

Want to buy/trade/sell something?

Buying anything

Postby zachl1989 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:22 am

So I have a little bit to play with when it comes to money, and only a little, so I want to get my collection started...

My priority is making, an as accurate as possible, Malcolm Reynolds costume. So if anyone is selling pieces, please PM me, or post on here.

I would really like a decent, scaled model of the Serenity, I do not want one that costs thousands of dollars (QMX :evil: ) so if anyone is looking to part ways with one, let me know please.

If anyone makes props, let me know and I will let you know if I'd be interested. Things I would definitely be interested in, Vera ( i saw a post about someone making a cast mold of it, but was unsure if they planned on selling it), well pretty much anything shiny. Trying to get a feel of whats out there, and see how many people are still active. Most of the posts I've looked at are 7-8 years old..

Thank you,

Zach
"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
zachl1989
Reaver

Re: Buying anything

Postby Joatrash » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:21 am

Hey there Zach and welcome to ffprops.

Most folks already have what they want or have moved on, and since there's only so much to talk about with what we have from the Verse (it's even been a while since the last comic), which is why it's rather quiet here these days.

There is indeed a resin "Vera" kit in the works. Well, it's actually not just "Vera" but the shotgun as it was made for Showtime, that became Jayne's favorite gun. (There have been others, but none really accurate. The coming one is the culmination of almost 10 years of tinkering with the project.) Your best bet for a Mal is to look for a Sidkit ($600+), a QMx (maybe $100+ these days) or a Wilco (not super accurate, but inexpensive at $40). The Abbyshot browncoat isn't too bad if you don't want to spring the $1K+ for a J Logan coat (if he even still makes them). I doubt you'll find a one-stop-shop for anything, and even very few finished props unless someone is thinning their collection. Your best bet for Jayne's "Boo" is to get a Denix LeMat and mod it from scratch or with a kit.

I still offer the odd 3d printed parts kit when asked, but most of them need other things to complete them such as Pachmyr rubber pistol grips, an airsoft replica to build around, brass tubing for the barrels and whatnot. (Early's pistol, Jayne's "hideout" pistol, Lassiter parts kit, Jayne's 1911 parts kit, Niska's Torture Spider.. might still have screen-cast Wash Mateba lying around somewhere... ) At the moment I can't really come up with anyone that does a complete kit of anything from the Verse these days, beyond maybe the Wilco models found on ebay. The occasional item pops up in the classifieds over on the RPF as well.

The cutaway Serenity QMx has been showing looks pretty good... and not too steep a cost either.
//jOe

My prop & costume workshop/gallery:
https://www.facebook.com/joatrashfx/
Joatrash
Browncoat

Postby zachl1989 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:58 am

Thanks for the input Joe.

I have a 3D Printer, but its not the best quality, so I haven't tried printing anything FF related yet. Although I have considered doing Mals pistol, since I found a decent one on thingiverse. Any chance you might have some decent links for anything? I'm sure I can find them if I look, but I like trying to get input from someone who may have already printed something.

Do you keep in touch with Badger? Or know if he has any of his holsters still available? I thought I saw something about him not being allowed to produce anymore, but figured I'd ask. I've also looked at the QMX holster, but it's been sold out every time I look.

From what I understand, there should be a new comic series coming out or has come out. I picked up some of the FF books at a local comic shop, and the guy said there was a new one coming. I hope so anyways. I don't know what it is about FF, but it just draws me in and I want to read, or see more of it lol.

I'm trying to make up for what seems like lost time, and I feel like I may be trying to get into this at too late of a time. I've got some collectible mini's, nothing fancy, but I like them, as well as 2 Firefly loot crates.
"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
zachl1989
Reaver

Postby Jan Schattling » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:17 am

zachl1989 wrote:From what I understand, there should be a new comic series coming out or has come out. I picked up some of the FF books at a local comic shop, and the guy said there was a new one coming. I hope so anyways. I don't know what it is about FF, but it just draws me in and I want to read, or see more of it lol.

Serenity HC Vol. 5: "No Power in the 'Verse" will be out in August, collecting the 2016 series of the same name and the free comic from the comic book day.
Besides that, no other comics in the Verse are planned.
Jan Schattling
Alliance soldier

Postby Joatrash » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:23 pm

zachl1989 wrote:Thanks for the input Joe.
... Any chance you might have some decent links for anything? I'm sure I can find them if I look, but I like trying to get input from someone who may have already printed something.

Sure thing. I don't really keep up with thingiverse, my mini factory and those sites but I'd guess that they are your best bet. There's a search engine called "stl finder" as well. I almost exclusively print my own models (that never get released under any circumstances). If you want to see my stuff, click the link in my sig.

zachl1989 wrote:Do you keep in touch with Badger? Or know if he has any of his holsters still available? I thought I saw something about him not being allowed to produce anymore, but figured I'd ask. I've also looked at the QMX holster, but it's been sold out every time I look.

I recall a holster being done somewhere recently... maybe on the RPF. Your best bet with Badger is to send him a PM through here and ask what he can do. His stuff is top-quality.

I'm trying to make up for what seems like lost time, and I feel like I may be trying to get into this at too late of a time. I've got some collectible mini's, nothing fancy, but I like them, as well as 2 Firefly loot crates.

You may be a little late to the game, but you can still find stuff. If you're lucky, you can pounce on deals if anyone gets out of the hobby. (And ironically, you're just in time for what some used to consider the holy grail of props in Vera, second maybe to Mal's pistol of course.)
//jOe

My prop & costume workshop/gallery:
https://www.facebook.com/joatrashfx/
Joatrash
Browncoat

Postby monkey540 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:28 pm

I have a 3D Printer, but its not the best quality, so I haven't tried printing anything FF related yet. Although I have considered doing Mals pistol, since I found a decent one on thingiverse. Any chance you might have some decent links for anything? I'm sure I can find them if I look, but I like trying to get input from someone who may have already printed something.

Scoot on over to my thread in the Firefly Talk forum:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1595

The one you saw on Thingiverse might even be mine, and likely is :)

I've also made some kit pieces to fit onto a denix, and a fully printable Boo as well.

I post pics of the pieces I've finished in that thread as well.

Links are inside the first post.
monkey540
Independent Soldier

Return to Marketplace