Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Coasters

Threads regarding QMx and their line of licensed Firefly / Serenity stuff

Re: Coasters

Postby taimdala » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:03 pm

UPDATE: tins no longer carried by area stores--apparently the fad for them has died out as a craft item.

HOWEVER--found a great place online that sells them at a great price with no minimum order. :D So this is still on if you wanna.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:38 pm

Hm, I don't know. I"m very interested, but I just got news today, that my apartment complex wants me to pack up my whole collection and get it out of here, and then they want to "relocate" me wall they renovate the building, and then I may, or may not, be able to move back, into the place I have called home for that last 18 years . Plus, they may not even let me have my collection here, even if they do let me move back. so I have know idea where I'm going to be, or how long I'm going to be there, or what room I'm going to have for new stuff. (pretty much all my stuff is going into storage, or who konws how long.) And, knowing them, they will drag this out, for a very long time. :( So I am very interested, and since they don't take up much space, I may be in, but I kind lof have to see what they tell me at a meeting next week. :(
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:29 am

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, Jason. I hope any moves and setbacks are short and simple.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:13 am

Jason, I'm sad to hear this, I hope it is resolved fast and you can get back to normal soon.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:15 am

On the tin, has anyone though of Flea Markets, or Thrift Stores? I am always seeing them there, and my Brother has bought
a few for me.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:24 am

thanks guys.

AZSneed wrote:...you can get back to normal soon.

I don't think anyone has ever called me, or my life, "normal" before. :lol:

AZSneed wrote:On the tin, has anyone though of Flea Markets, or Thrift Stores? I am always seeing them there, and my Brother has bought
a few for me.

Oh, yeah, I have found some really great tins at thrift stores, over the years.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:31 am

OMG, Jason. I hope this is a very temporary setback for you. I hope that whatever happens, it ends up in your favor.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:38 am

On the matter of the tins--I know where to get them but I will have to order them. Also, timing isn't exactly good for me to do them right this minute. I have a child to see off on her student exchange trip and a household to change over to the school's out/summer vacation mode. So things are a touch on hold at Chez Taimdala at the moment.

Badger's projects have inspired me to attempt custom work but I must follow his excellent example: I must set the design and offer only a small number of variations. Otherwise, I'll be very overworked in short order in the studio, making infinite variations on a tiny run. (I say that like it's a bad thing, I know ...) To keep costs and production time down, I need to think on simplifying the process before I make it available to everyone.

I'm going to start an interest thread soon but I must also get the next patch design finalized before I start the tins, okay? The tins are a side project. The patches will be the main item for now. ;)
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:33 am

Patch? Did you say patch? Image
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:53 am

Not for a few weeks, AZ, but yes, I am working on another patch. ;)
taimdala
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to The QMx Corner