Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Serenity Plush

Threads regarding QMx and their line of licensed Firefly / Serenity stuff

Re: Serenity Plush

Postby jason1976 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:14 am

Oh, come on, it's 18 inches long! and has little plush shuttles. I am so getting one. :) (unless they want like $100. for it, or something crazy like that.)

Isn't firefly licensing rights fun. Diamond has the right to do plush figures, of the crew, this looks like something Thinkgeek would cook up, and poorly produce. (seriously, I have some of their plush figures, and most of them could have been made better by a blind man. And, I am one, so I know what I'm talking about. :lol:) But, nope, it's Qmx (who has the prop rights, but does very little with them) who pulls this out of there butts. Qmx, and ThinkGeek seam to have the "do whatever you feel like license".

Seriously though, I do want one of these. :)
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Sadly, QMx is laughing all the way to the bank on this one. I've followed the feedback around Facebook and most people are delighted. I don't think that the average fan understands that they get only what they fuel with their dollars. Buy this, and we'll get the plush Vera that Badger predicted.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Captain_Cooper » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:02 pm

I am ashamed to say... I would totally buy a plush Vera. And a plus Serenity. And then have to hide them to get my dog from going all Reaver on 'm...
Captain_Cooper
Mudder

Postby Fanfromthefirst » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:16 pm

:shock: Oh Dear God, nooo ! :shock:
Coming soon, plush Jayne Cobb
Squeeze his hand & hear him say "I'll be in my bunk"
Plush comes with inflatable "Vera"............
"Wanna meet the 'real' me now ?"
Fanfromthefirst
Independent Soldier

Postby taimdala » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Fanfromthefirst wrote::shock: Oh Dear God, nooo ! :shock:
Coming soon, plush Jayne Cobb
Squeeze his hand & hear him say "I'll be in my bunk"
Plush comes with inflatable "Vera"............

Huh. I never pegged Jayne as the type that went in for inflatable girlfriends ... :P
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:00 pm

Yes, just like Star Trek and Star Wars fans like me, we bought whatever junk they released, and they kept on releasing more of it. Fans have the power to stop it, by not buying the junk, but, it won't happen, fans are weak in that sense, we want more, no matter what to fuel us. :oops:

Next up, Jayne boxer shorts, saying.......(I'M NOT SAYING!) :o
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:12 am

AZSneed wrote:Yes, just like Star Trek and Star Wars fans like me, we bought whatever junk they released, and they kept on releasing more of it. Fans have the power to stop it, by not buying the junk, but, it won't happen, fans are weak in that sense, we want more, no matter what to fuel us. :oops:

Next up, Jayne boxer shorts, saying.......(I'M NOT SAYING!) :o

Wall, I agree that a boycott, is an effective way to get a company to stop making the junk you don't want, I also agree that in this case a boycott is probably not going to happen. I don't really see that it needs too. They did make star wars EVERYTHING, and most of the collectors were happy about that. I mean, just because a company makes knickknacks and toys, doesn't mean it can't make props too. I mean, look at Master Replicas, or icons, they both came along, released expensive, high end prop replicas, that only some folks can afford, and wall they held the licenses, folks backed off of privet runs. In the end, both companies, died. Personally, I think they would have been smarter to have released lower end props, or toy props, and nicknacks, at the same time as their high end stuff, to reach a wider audience, and make fans of all budgets happy. MR, did kind of start moving in that directs at the very end (POTC jewelry props for $10. to $20. and tooned up nicknatcks.), but I think it was too little, too late. There is no reason at all, that Qmx couldn't do knickknacks, and toys, AND do mid range props, AND really high end props. Yes, if people keep buying, what you guys think is junk, Qmx will keep making that stuff, but that doesn't mean, they can't make the stuff you do want , at the same time. They just choose not too, and that is not the fans falt, it's Qmx's folt.

I wouldn't buy a plush, or inflatable Vera, or any other "prop" in that form (except this serenity) BUT I totally wish they would do toy versions of everything from the verse. I love the toy props that Diamond does for Star Trek, and the ones Playmates used to do, and the stuff Hasbro did for start wars. Yes, non of it's 100% accurate (in some cases no where close) but I would much rather have a "prop replica" that I can afford, and paywith, and costume with, then set and druel over the high end props, I'll never be able to afford, and even if I could, afford them, all I would ever do with those high end props, is set them on a shelf, and leave them there. I know that doesn't go for most of you, but that doesn't mean, there aren't a ton of folks out there that do feel that way. I totally wish Qmx would do high end props for you all, and toy ones for everyone else.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby neverAcquiesce » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:43 am

I'm totally getting this. And I may or may not have adventures with it.
neverAcquiesce
Independent Soldier

Postby Yellowjacket » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:06 am

Well, we're up to 16 Serenity collectibles from QMx. I just noticed the Plushie Serenity has the television version of the nose art, and low and behold, it has a subtle black outline around the Chinese characters in places. Consistency be damned.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:34 am

Only real fans would notice that, not the "I will buy anything from Firefly/Serenity crowd".
AZSneed
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to The QMx Corner