Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Serenity Plush

Threads regarding QMx and their line of licensed Firefly / Serenity stuff

Re: Serenity Plush

Postby jason1976 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:48 am

That's me, the "I will buy anything from Firefly/Serenity crowd". (if I like it) I could care less about accuracy. (IT'S A PLUSH TOY OF A TV SPACESHIP!) Frankly I can't even tell the difference between the TV and Movie versions of the ship. I can see the differences between all the different Darth Vaders, and storm troopers. (from movie, to movie) I can spot the differences in different models, and pant jobs, of phasers, but if you put a model of serenity in front of me, I would be "Hey it's the ship from firefly" but if you asked me "is it from the show, or movie, and is it accurate? " I would say "it's a firefly".
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby Beery » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Yet another ridiculous, useless, incompetent and somewhat hilarious release from the leaders in producing badly designed cheap garbage for folks who have more money than sense.

How do these folks stay in business? Oh, wait... I nearly forgot - it's all those people with more money than sense.

And meanwhile, all the reasonable stuff that more people might actually buy is out of stock or planned for release in around 20 years.

What's next - a plush Niska's Skyplex? Incredible Edible Jayne Shirts? Mule-shaped iPhone Cases? Wash's Dinosaur Egg Timers? An "Operation" type game where you have a plastic model of River's skull and you have to strip the amygdala?

Somewhere in deepest China, there's a CEO of a firm that produces plastic garbage, and he's laughing his way to the bank while muttering "These stupid Americans will buy anything".
"I'm gonna have to ask you boys to stop raping our doctor."
Beery
Blue Hand guy

Postby Fanfromthefirst » Fri May 15, 2015 1:55 am

......And now She is a chew toy....(Gobsmacked)
http://qmxonline.com/products/firefly-m ... nity-plush
"Wanna meet the 'real' me now ?"
Fanfromthefirst
Independent Soldier

Postby Beery » Fri May 15, 2015 2:08 am

Whoever buys that crap is part of the problem.
Beery
Blue Hand guy

Postby Fanfromthefirst » Fri May 15, 2015 2:15 am

Beery wrote:Whoever buys that crap is part of the problem.

What he said !!
"Wanna meet the 'real' me now ?"
Fanfromthefirst
Independent Soldier

Postby JiminSTLouis » Fri May 15, 2015 2:47 am

If my kids were still little or if I had grand kids I'd probably buy this.
Last edited by JiminSTLouis on Mon May 18, 2015 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JiminSTLouis
Blue Hand guy

Postby AZSneed » Fri May 15, 2015 4:00 am

Beery wrote:Whoever buys that crap is part of the problem.

I'm not on that list! And, my dog has more sense than to want a qmX chew toy.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sun May 17, 2015 4:21 pm

*sigh*

The tragedy continues ...

But there is a bright spot--no really, there is!

Think of all the folks out there with little babies and toddlers, folks who will introduce the Verse to their kids this way. Those kids will grow up with their own little spaceship that they've loved the printed detail off of, that has had seams split from wear and inexpertly sewn shut again, that has stains from first foods and favorite foods coloring the hull, scuffs and scratches galore.

And of course, it's the thing they will be holding when they watch the show for the first time. And then the movie, too. And perhaps it will become a family tradition--we watch Firefly with our plushies: Mom and Dad with their big plushies and the kids with their little ones ... kinda like a familial Firefly fleet.

Also, I can't think of a sweeter thing than to have the child, now grown, show the toy that they've carried through their childhood to *their* kids ... and tell them all the stories of the adventures they had with it.

So yes, while it's painful to see our beloved ship in such reduced circumstances, let's take Mal's entreaty from "Out of Gas" to heart: She might not look like much now, but try to see past that to what she *could* be.

Because, after all, isn't that what we are doing here? Isn't that what fandom is all about--Taking something as it is and then seeing past it to what it could be ... and then making it something bigger.
Last edited by taimdala on Sun May 17, 2015 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sun May 17, 2015 4:24 pm

*looks to see if the coast is clear...*

Is it bad that I want to take this mini-plushie and make a mobile out of it? I could find plushie planets and plushie dinosaurs to hang with it.

Hey, if you're gonna raise a little Browncoat, you gotta start when they're too young to escape their cribs, right? ;)
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby Beery » Sun May 17, 2015 5:11 pm

taimdala wrote:...Think of all the folks out there with little babies and toddlers, folks who will introduce the Verse to their kids this way. Those kids will grow up with their own little spaceship that they've loved the printed detail off of, that has had seams split from wear and inexpertly sewn shut again, that has stains from first foods and favorite foods coloring the hull, scuffs and scratches galore.

I think even the smallest kids have more sense than to embrace a cuddly toy Serenity. Even a 3 year-old has the sense to know that spaceships aren't cuddly. Not that bears are either, but at least bears are soft and little kids do believe bears are cuddly - that is until they see a real one.

In my view, a cuddly Serenity is far more likely to find itself deposited at the bottom of a toy box within 24 hours, never to be resurrected until the kid whose toy it was has gone off to college, at which point the parents will clear it out along with all the other garbage that has been kept around through the kids childhood. The most it's ever likely to get is the exchange, "Hey, remember this?" "Oh yeah. Why on Earth did we buy him/her that?"

But what's done is done, I guess. It's not like QMX is about to withdraw the thing and suddenly start producing stuff that I think is worth buying. Obviously there is a huge market for this crap, just like there's a market for all the sorts of cheap plastic garbage that sells in tourist traps all across the globe. I just wish QMX hadn't felt the need to lower itself to the level inhabited by vendors of such seaside emporium tat as the "Rampant Mackerel Ashtray", the "Plastic Skateboarding Skeleton" or the "Kiss Me I'm Irish Green Bowler Hat".
Last edited by Beery on Sun May 17, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beery
Blue Hand guy

PreviousNext

Return to The QMx Corner