Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Serenity Plush

Threads regarding QMx and their line of licensed Firefly / Serenity stuff

Re: Serenity Plush

Postby taimdala » Sun May 17, 2015 5:58 pm

There are only a few betrayals that leave one inconsolably bitter: a betrayal of love, of religion, of patriotic faith ... and fandom licensing.

I'm sorry, Jason.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sun May 17, 2015 6:10 pm

And my genius daughter pointed out something interesting (in the oh-god-oh-god-we're-all-gonna-die sort of way): the reason why babies lie so still as if fascinated by mobiles is that it simulates the wheeling of *birds of prey* hunting. The baby freezes in an instinctive prey response so it doesn't get eaten.

The baby, in short, is *terrified*.

*sigh*
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Sun May 17, 2015 11:59 pm

taimdala wrote:There are only a few betrayals that leave one inconsolably bitter: a betrayal of love, of religion, of patriotic faith ... and fandom licensing.

I'm sorry, Jason.

There are really easy ways to avoid all of those betrayals. Place no faith at all in any religion, or nation. Love no-one. AND, never Market products who's IPO you don't have the rights to. Better to create original items that are not even loosely related to any existing property. (even E.U. is often not E.U. enough to get you off the hook.)

Qmx, and Think geek, seem to be cool with what each other are making. Fox seems pretty cool with both of them. Qmx, think Geek, and Fox, all have stepped on the fans, but they have the legal right to in most cases. It might have been jarring the first time it happened, but I don't know how anyone could be surprised when it happens now.

I also don't know why anyone is surprised when Qmx puts out another piece of junk rather then giving the hard core fans what they want. We are all familiar with how they do business.

Those that want this stuff, will buy it, if they can afford it. Those that don't want it, or can't afford it, wont. If the market didn't bare anything on this stuff, they would have stopped making it long ago, so people are buying this junk.

Personally, the only items they have coming, that I want fall into this category. I want the coasters, The buckle, the large plush, and maybe the small plush, and one of their T-shirts. (and maybe one of the plush buffy stakes) The only reason I haven't ordered them yet, is because I hate paying for shipping, so I keep weighting for them to relies the 1/6 mal figure, so I can order it all at once. :)
jason1976
Browncoat

Previous

Return to The QMx Corner