Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Serenity Hull Art

Threads regarding QMx and their line of licensed Firefly / Serenity stuff

Re: Serenity Hull Art

Postby Bronson BB » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:22 pm

Beery, I don't know you; but on the strength of these three posts alone, I LIKE you. :)
Bronson BB
Browncoat

Postby Beery » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:29 pm

Bronson BB wrote:Beery, I don't know you; but on the strength of these three posts alone, I LIKE you. :)

Hehe, thanks. But to be fair, I haven't been around that long, and I have yet to roll up to my computer keyboard drunk and in an argumentative mood. That tends to put a damper on things, but I'll try to put it off as long as possible. :D
"I'm gonna have to ask you boys to stop raping our doctor."
Beery
Blue Hand guy

Postby AZSneed » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:18 pm

You mean, we haven't seen the REAL you. I know who can help. :shock:
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:42 am

Loni Peristere was our guest at the Fort Douglas event over the weekend. I asked him specifically about the nose art, because he was the primary artist that changed Serenity over time and dealt with the movie version.

This might blow you minds, but he says the 'nose art' of the pin-up girl never left Serenity. He says it got smaller and smaller over time, but it was always there through the series and even in the film. So now, you fanatical sleuths, we get to watch the whole series again to find it.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:12 am

Thanks for the info, and another reason to visit Mal's ship.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:23 am

Ohhhhhh, my eyes. They aren't going to be happy to hear that.....
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:28 am

I wanna bluray player. I have it on BD, but lack the means to watch it. Maybe that's a good thing, given how I obsess over details. I mean, a good friend of mine had to cancel our weekly game and posted a picture of the disaster his place had become due to some mandated renovations.... and I only had eyes for this giant bag of foreign brand gummi bears in the corner of the pic. I wanted to know what brand, what font, what colors and flavors .... so yeah, probably a good thing I don't have bluray. I'm not getting enough sleep as it is.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:29 am

YJ, don't we have a nose art thread buried somewhere here? I seem to recall pictures/screen caps of this very thing.
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:10 am

taimdala wrote:YJ, don't we have a nose art thread buried somewhere here? I seem to recall pictures/screen caps of this very thing.

Yup, back a few pages.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:11 am

orion wrote:
Yellowjacket wrote:By the by, for those of you who've never noticed, the First CGI model of Serenity had a pin-up art, and I really wish we had a high res image of it.

taimdala wrote:Wow! I wish we had a hi-res image of that, too. I wish we had more of everything.

There's this:

From Pierre Drolet's Sci-Fi Museum (http://www.pierre-drolet-sci-fi-museum. ... ty-firefly).

I think I recall seeing it elsewhere as well. Might have been in the Firefly: A Celebration book or something.
pennausamike
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to The QMx Corner