Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Did anyone get the Serenity 1:250?

Threads regarding QMx and their line of licensed Firefly / Serenity stuff

Did anyone get the Serenity 1:250?

Postby mandio222 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:44 am

One of the many things missing in my collection is a serenity model and all we can get is the crap QMx gives to as.
Did anyone get the Serenity 1:250? Is it any good? i could only find 1 review out there and wasn't promising, "when i put the engines in to it, the first time, part of it snap off", but the guy didnt remember Inaras name so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4aaZPrys74
mandio222
Blue Hand guy

Re: Did anyone get the Serenity 1:250?

Postby Yellowjacket » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Yeah...that review sums up the reasons I wouldn't buy one, but it was less about what he said and more of the close up shots. They sacrificed a lot of exterior detail, not that anything is missing, but the casting details are soft. It's not a crisp model and the paint job is full of little hairs and bits of dirt. I'd never buy something I had to repaint right out of the box. I like the idea of the cutaway, but there's tighter detail in places on the little damn hero version.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby mandio222 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Yellowjacket wrote:Yeah...that review sums up the reasons I wouldn't buy one, but it was less about what he said and more of the close up shots. They sacrificed a lot of exterior detail, not that anything is missing, but the casting details are soft. It's not a crisp model and the paint job is full of little hairs and bits of dirt. I'd never buy something I had to repaint right out of the box. I like the idea of the cutaway, but there's tighter detail in places on the little damn hero version.

Yeah, post this before i finish watching the vid, the paintjob is really bad, not a good thing when you can tell it was hand painted and a really bad cast, the part over the mess windows, how did that pass QC... a yes its QMx...
The detail on the cockpitit's decent enough but the kitchen/mess is a joke. To bad it was the perfect size for me not to small not to big.
Is the LDH worth it?
mandio222
Blue Hand guy

Postby Yellowjacket » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:57 am

The little damn hero is a nice little model. I'd read reviews on it heavily. Mine has a few broken parts.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Return to The QMx Corner