Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

QMx Corner

Threads regarding QMx and their line of licensed Firefly / Serenity stuff

Re: QMx Corner

Postby Yellowjacket » Sat May 14, 2016 4:34 pm

When was the last time they made a replica anything?

Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Sat May 14, 2016 8:14 pm

I know it isn't accurate, but I'll still probably get a couple...
...assuming they ever release it as a product and not just as part of a box full of swag.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sat May 14, 2016 9:13 pm

I rather like that shirt. It's not a replica in the strictest sense, being more an expanding-the-Verse item. But I'm an Expansionist. A shirt design that looks like something Jayne *would have* worn is fine by me.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Sat May 14, 2016 9:41 pm

taimdala wrote:I rather like that shirt.
It's not a replica in the strictest sense, being more an expanding-the-Verse item.
But I'm an Expansionist. A shirt design that looks like something Jayne *would have* worn is fine by me.

Jayne did wear an orange "dead fish" shirt with this design and Chinese character; it just looked and was placed differently.
So, it "is" a Jayne shirt, but not quite.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Sat May 14, 2016 10:24 pm

pennausamike wrote:
taimdala wrote:I rather like that shirt.
It's not a replica in the strictest sense, being more an expanding-the-Verse item.
But I'm an Expansionist. A shirt design that looks like something Jayne *would have* worn is fine by me.

Jayne did wear an orange "dead fish" shirt with this design and Chinese character; it just looked and was placed differently.
So, it "is" a Jayne shirt, but not quite.

Mike

Okay good. I was wondering what didn't seem right about it and second guessed myself. Sheesh, now my question should be reworded to 'When will be the next time they make a replica anything?"
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sat May 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Hell, why wait? Make it for ourselves.

I'm terrible when it comes to printed material. I see it and I think of how I would do it differently. I can't help it. If it's printed, I start thinking photoshop and laser printing.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Sat May 14, 2016 10:30 pm

Grrr. I hate being duped.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sat May 14, 2016 10:34 pm

Duped? Yeah.

Suckage.

Another reason to make stuff for ourselves. We have more control over the product.

Of course, in terms of the tee-shirt design, you're pretty much stuck ginning up the image for a tee-shirt transfer and then ironing the image on. If you're going with a dark shirt, you have to use a transfer sheet that is opaque white and trim out all the white you don't want to transfer to the shirt. Depending on the complexity of the image, that's a lot of finicking around with an X-acto blade.

Or you could get one of the scrapbook industry cutting machines to cut the white out for you. I have been drooling over the Silhouette Cameo for goin' on a year now. It should be possible, if the cutting width of the finicky parts falls inside the allowances of the blade used.

Still, to get one of those babies, you're gonna be paying 250 bucks minimum and you have to allow for the costs of learning curve mistakes. I hope to earn enough money to buy one. Once that happens, I can start doing images on objects like shirts and totebags and so on. You know, physical products. Til then, I'll be doing mostly the digital and flat sheet prints.

Sigh ... and don't get me started on foiling. I get all bibbledy over it.

Sad, really.
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Sat May 14, 2016 11:24 pm

Tough crowd!

What! They want accurate?

Them Browncoats are so picky!

Remarks heard from QMx, not knowing that the mike was still on. :lol:
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Sun May 15, 2016 4:00 am

Here is the original

and here is some fan artwork

pennausamike wrote:I found this (not made by me) but it doesn't look quite like yours.
Maybe it's still right for something.

So, maybe there is a way for the super accuracy folks to beat together a better replica.
But like I said, if QMx offers it for sale, I'll buy a couple.

Mike
pennausamike
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to The QMx Corner