Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

QMX metal Mal Pistol

Threads regarding QMx and their line of licensed Firefly / Serenity stuff

Re: QMX metal Mal Pistol

Postby taimdala » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:25 pm

I'm not laughing. That scenario sounds terrible! Was the leatherworker able to put language in subsequent contracts to prevent that sort of thing from happening again?

Speaking for myself, I can very easily go nuts and buy a ton of art supplies for a for-sale project and in the past have bought way more than I needed or more than I was able to use up. I reasoned at the time that the supplies won't go bad and I'd have them on hand for future projects. That's how I ended up with my ginormous bead stash, my ridiculous paper stash, and let's not even get started on all the digital resources I've got hogging my hard drives. I think I went digital just for the sake of the storage and retrieval capacity. Have any of you torn a room upside down looking for that ONE bead you KNOW you've got somewhere ...? ;)

Yeah.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Yellowjacket wrote:I love how Andy's people always go for exaggerated imagery instead of straight talk.

"We'd love to wave the magic wand and make every single project we undertake happen..."

Why not just say... "We needed the funding to chase after licenses in a demographic where we haven't yet made enemies"

*SPIT-TAKE!*

Dammit, YJ! You nearly made me kill my laptop! LOL!

"...chase after licenses in a demographic where we haven't yet made enemies ..." I do so love a well-turned phrase.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby Badger » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:28 pm

In answer to your question,
The theoretical leatherworker shook hands with the CEO of the theoretical company and trusted him.
The theoretical leatherworker has since done many theoretical deals with other theoretical companies and it has never (theoretically) happened to him since.
Because, where the theoretical leatherworker comes from, a man's word is his bond.

Badger
I said I'd do my best. I didn't say it would be any good.
Badger
The one and only Badger

Postby Yellowjacket » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:17 pm

Six years.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:39 am

....and still in the works, watch for it at any time now.Image
AZSneed
Browncoat