Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Which Firefly props should QMx make in the future?

Threads regarding QMx and their line of licensed Firefly / Serenity stuff

Which Firefly props should QMx make in the future?

Jayne's Boo (Resin and high end metal/wood version)
13%
Zoe's Mares leg
6%
Working PAL device with belt clip
9%
Tall Cards (metal astrological) 
6%
Tall cards (round) and rules for play
8%
Overlanders patches
3%
Firefly banknotes
7%
Mule license plate
2%
Jayne T-Shirts
7%
Wash's Dinosaurs
3%
Alliance food bars (molds?)
7%
River & simon wanted poster/translight
1%
River's translight used by the blue hands
2%
Book's ident card
3%
Alliance logo stickers (like on the crates of medicine in Train Job, etc)
3%
Serenity pop-up, light up grenades
11%
Simon’s Baton - Serenity
2%
St.Lucy's hospital ID badges
3%
Mal in space suit statue
1%
Jayne statue
4%

Total votes : 180

Re: Which Firefly props should QMx make in the future?

Postby QMx GGD » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Joatrash wrote:
(Note to Qmx: deleting fan posts without explanation is not a good way to go about it. Simply replying "Thanks for the input, we'll take your suggestions into consideration when deciding on upcoming projects but can't promise anything." and then leave it at that. )

I actually said pretty much that in reply to the post.

"Hi William. We're definitely aware of the poll and we appreciate the feedback. ;-)

Please understand that we have to look at a number of factors when we decide on something to make. A great deal of investment is made when you consider R & D, licensing, materials, cost and target audience.

Certain items are likely never going to be made, much as we as fans would love to see them. It's not out of disrespect to the fans. It's just the way things are sometimes."

I didn't hide the post until I was asked for a detailed yes or no per item on the list and I felt it was going to break down into a very forum like conversation. Which is why I came back here to respond and notify people that the conversation was better had here.

And I appreciate everything you said. I just wanted to reply to this directly so you knew what had transpired.
QMx GGD

Postby Joatrash » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:26 pm

QMx GGD wrote:In reply to why the list was removed from the FB page.

C'mon, guys. I answered it. I hid the post. Here's why. How many places do we really need to have the conversation?

QMx GGD wrote:Allow me to clarify a couple points regarding the FB post.

1) The list is already posted here and I've been part of the conversation.

The only thing I would say here is that there are a LOT of folks on Facebook that are not here and having such a list posted there would have given them a chance to say yay or nay and thus give you guys at QMx more info about the interest levels. But it's your page and your party to do with as you please. I know where you're coming from and it's not an easy road to walk.

(Oh, and I would definitely say yay to a Jayne statue but nay to an unpainted Boo... that would not go home well with enough people to justify it. Jayne props aren't THAT popular or there would have been more interest in the holdout pistol I did... just sayin'.)
//jOe

My prop & costume workshop/gallery:
https://www.facebook.com/joatrashfx/
Joatrash
Browncoat

Postby Goodwolf » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Alright, I've held my peace so far on this, but I have to agree with Joatrash. We are the hardcore collectors, we all know it. We're hard to please, just look at how much the 47A changed because the trigger should be correct or the magazine should come out or the safety should move... everybody had something they wanted to see in the final product. No matter how awesome it was, someone somewhere had a complaint, even if it was a minor one.

What needs to be remembered here is that QMx is, first and formost, a business. That means that they are here to make money. I ain't mad at it, coz that's what businesses do. If they don't, they don't stay in business. They have to know that when they offer a product, that the fanbase will respond positively to it and open their hearts, and most importantly, their wallets to it. As much as it pains me to say it, a lot of the stuff we want just isn't on the radar of the average browncoat, no matter how much we may wish to delude ourselves that it would sell like hotcakes. Somehow, I can't see the Tall Card game taking off... I can't recall seeing any of my browncoat friends playing any version of it. A quick glance of the list only gives me hope in the Jayne Statue, Tshirts, and *maybe* the food bar mold. Even though that's my baby, I ain't gonna hold my breath on that one. Everything else is something that's cool, but I just don't see a huge demand for it. I could be wrong, I'm a zookeeper, not a marketing executive, but QMx seems to share my view on it.

If we want these things, we're going to have to make them. The only thing I'd hope for is that if we do, we don't suddenly get a visit from the C&D fairy. Mainly because we'd be doing it more or less for each other and nobody else and also because we're putting in the effort to see something realised that we want, so TPTB shouldn't be jacksies and stomp it out just because they can.

Well, that's me. Discuss.
May have been on the losin' side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:59 am

""Hi William. We're definitely aware of the poll and we appreciate the feedback. ;-)

Please understand that we have to look at a number of factors when we decide on something to make. A great deal of investment is made when you consider R & D, licensing, materials, cost and target audience.

Certain items are likely never going to be made, much as we as fans would love to see them. It's not out of disrespect to the fans. It's just the way things are sometimes."

I posted the poll to show our top seven choices as fans and to see if any other fans out their shared our interest in these items. I know that QMx has to consider a lot of opinions and factors. Thus the reason for posting the poll, but it wasn't up long enough to glean comments from the Facebook audience at large. Then I asked if QMx planned on making any of these products so that we would know what to make ourselves.

Again. I posted our wish list. I asked if QMx is making the props that we're most interested in. That is all.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:31 pm

https://store.qmxonline.com/Keep-Calm-B ... p_167.html

Yay! Another Jaynnn...no..oh. Nevermind.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby ganglerisson » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Really late to this discussion, but I'd really like to see someone do a Serenity silicone ice cube tray.
ganglerisson
Mudder

Postby jason1976 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:07 pm

ganglerisson wrote:Really late to this discussion, but I'd really like to see someone do a Serenity silicone ice cube tray.

That would be cool, but it sounds more like the thinkGeek kind of item.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:08 pm

oops double post.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby ganglerisson » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:22 am

jason1976 wrote:
ganglerisson wrote:Really late to this discussion, but I'd really like to see someone do a Serenity silicone ice cube tray.

You're right. I'm just not sure that ThinkGeek would have the rights to Serenity. (Plus, I figured if I suggested it here, someone here might be able to do it...)
ganglerisson
Mudder

Postby jason1976 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:49 am

ganglerisson wrote:
jason1976 wrote:

You're right. I'm just not sure that ThinkGeek would have the rights to Serenity. (Plus, I figured if I suggested it here, someone here might be able to do it...)

:lol: When has not having the rights (moral or legal) stopped ThinkGeek?

I mean, yes, they claim they had the legal rights to do their jayne hat, and they may have had the legal rights, but it sure stepped on a lot of toes. And at the same time they were selling Qmx's licensed Jayne T-shirts, including his "trouble maker" T-shirt from serenity, they were selling their own, less accurate, unlicensed version.

All that said, I do wish some one would do this ice tray.

And, wall they are at it, I think they should do one of each of the gals (of legal age that is), with very finely detailed, close fitting, outfits. (you know, the kind of details that would melt away quickly, leaving them looking....... well you know. :) )
jason1976
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to The QMx Corner