Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Book - Firefly Little Damn Heroes® Maquette #7

Threads regarding QMx and their line of licensed Firefly / Serenity stuff

Book - Firefly Little Damn Heroes® Maquette #7

Postby keelhauler » Fri May 11, 2012 12:18 am

QMx is showing their latest maquette - Book. https://store.qmxonline.com/Book--Firef ... _171.html#

Meh. Kaylee and Jayne were the best maquettes they made. i wish they had kept the more cartoonish look to them. i have been collecting these but i'm not sure about ole book. sigh.
"Heard tell they used to keelhaul traitors back in the day" ~ Malcolm Reynolds
keelhauler
Browncoat

Re: Book - Firefly Little Damn Heroes® Maquette #7

Postby Yellowjacket » Fri May 11, 2012 3:42 am

Shepherd looks pissed.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Citizen_Browncoat » Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 am

I'm collecting the Big Damn Heros - ill wait for each of those - only little ones I have are Serenity and Wash, which is my wife's.
"May have been the losin' side - Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
Citizen_Browncoat
Serenity Crew Member

Postby Justanuthercap » Fri May 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Well, another one to pass up. I'll just stick with the Jayne and Kaylee we already have.
Jayne: (mock reading Simon's journal) "Dear Diary...today I was pompous and my sister was crazy." (flips page) "Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
Justanuthercap
terrifying space monkey

Postby keelhauler » Fri May 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Justanuthercap wrote:Well, another one to pass up. I'll just stick with the Jayne and Kaylee we already have.

Yeah, those two were by far the best! I wish they had stuck to that look for the series. Mal sort of fit in with them. The only other one that I kinda like is River. But Wash I didn't like.
"Heard tell they used to keelhaul traitors back in the day" ~ Malcolm Reynolds
keelhauler
Browncoat

Postby QMx GGD » Fri May 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Thought I'd drop this here since Andy posted it on FB and it sort of speaks to the look of this LDH ;-)

"- because of Book's position as the superego of the Serenity crew, we felt a slightly more realistic treatment was in order. Also, the shotgun behind his back is funnier when presented in the context of a sober-looking (not too exaggerated) preacher holding a bible."

And I know some people like the older style vs. the new. It's always a tough thing when you have an artist switch. You want each artist to have their own feel and their own mark on the piece. I look at it more as the LDH being the size and "brand", as it were. Granted, I've also seen a few other ideas in the works, so I have a nice feel for what's to come.

River's my fave, then Kaylee, then Jayne.
QMx GGD

Postby Crix13 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:41 pm

I want!!

they should re-release the older ones.
there is clearly a market for them if they are going for crazy amounts on ebay ... plus I never got the first ones and dont want to pay a lot :)
A DIFFERENT CRIX, one from
The 'Verse,a firefly/serenity costume club
http://theverse.proboards.com
Crix13
Blue Hand guy

Postby jason1976 » Sat May 12, 2012 4:56 pm

I hated the first three with a firey vengeance. (Mal, Keylee, and jayne) I remember the first time I saw the Mal LDH at a comic book shop, I asked my girlfriend "Hey who is that supposed to be " she said "Um I think it's supposed to look kind of like Mal from firefly" and I said "Nnnnno,, I don't think that's who it's supposed to be." "Must be someone from some dumb conic." And after I found out it was actually Mal, I was very sad that they wasted time one such an ugly piece of junk, and I hated the kaylee, and Jayne LDH's way more.

However I do get that others do like them, for some reason that I will never understand. (I mean, I have a lumpy, round-ish, rock, if any of you want to buy a LDH of "earth that was". lol)

Now the Wash, and River, LDHs that everyone else complained about, were truly cute, and it was really clear who they were supposed to be. I have the wash, and I would give my left arm for one of the River LDH's. It would be cheaper if I did give my arm, seeing as how, even though everyone says they hate it, the River LDH always goes for big money on ebay. :( I WANT IT BAD!

I really like my serenity LDH, though I really wish they could have sold it for around the same price as the others. (I mean they sold a replica of Mal's pistol for cheaper then this little piece of nothing.) But yeah, I do like it on my shelf.

I love my BDH river. (seriously, if Summer actually looked like this BDH, I would have had quite a crush on her, but she doesn't, and I don't....at all.) The Kaylee one, is ok.

This Book LDH, is well........ Um hey where is Zoe, or Inara, or Badger, or...Um.... well.... any one not at the bottom of most folks list of characters like Book, or Simon. Oh god, I'll bet good money, they will do Simon next. :(

Please QMX, Do Zoe, and Inara LDH's, and re-release River. (and wall your at it, re-do the other 3 in the new scale, with much better sculps.) And then Make your next BDH Either Zoe, or Inara, and fallow that with some of the guys. Like, Oh, I don't know , MAL! (though please don't sexy up Mal. You can tweak his face a bit, but please don't make his bodie look like superman or something.)

In short, the only way I'll be buying this Book LDH is if I see it on clearance on a shelf at the comic book store, for like $5.-$10. And if that does happen, when I get home and take it out of the box, I'll ask myself, why did I buy this.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby Citizen_Browncoat » Sun May 13, 2012 12:45 am

I too am looking forward to the next release of the BDH's - I got the River and Kaylee on pre-order and am waiting on ______ to be produced.
I may or may not know what the next one is (its good to know people that know things and hobnob ;p )

Don't ask cause I'm not telling - but have no fear - the line is going places :D
"May have been the losin' side - Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
Citizen_Browncoat
Serenity Crew Member

Postby Bronson BB » Sun May 13, 2012 5:46 am

I have all of them and will continue to collect all of them.
Bronson BB
Browncoat

Next

Return to The QMx Corner