Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

The Model 47

Back by popular demand: The 47A Forum

Re: The Model 47

Postby Badger » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Arctic Fox,

People can be forgiven for social clumsiness and misunderstandings. It happens.

This is different.
You tried to play Namebrand by telling him an outright lie about what I said to you.
That isn't a misunderstanding, it's deception.
You knew what you were doing.

Badger
I said I'd do my best. I didn't say it would be any good.
Badger
The one and only Badger

Postby Arctic Fox » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Badger,

Yes, i asked him, BUT thats my 2nd Message:

Arctic Fox wrote:Hey
Look in the last Year, we try to rebuild one was a disaster.
If you dont want to help, you didnt need to.

It was only a stupid idea, from a stupid man, sorry for asking.

With Friendly Greez: Fox

So, i feel guilty and try to stop, but it was to late.
Fox
The Animal not the Channel
Arctic Fox
Mudder

Postby Badger » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:45 pm

Arctic Fox,

This is a direct cut and paste of your other message to Namebrand, the one you sent before that.

-----------------------------------------------
I asked him and he says: Namebrand can help.

If you want i can send you the message.

With friendly Greez Fox
-----------------------------------------------

Stop this.
You tried to play us against each other for your own gain, and got busted in an outright lie.

Badger
Badger
The one and only Badger

Postby Arctic Fox » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:47 pm

1st: Yes, thats truth i send this Message before you say he dont help.

2nd: Nope, thats the last Message to him and thats the truth. After the 1st Message i make an 180 turn.
If i need to i copy all messages with time code, the Board-Admin can check it.
Last edited by Arctic Fox on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fox
Arctic Fox
Mudder

Postby Badger » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:56 pm

So you're saying the last thing you said to him, was that I said he would help you?

A blatant lie?

You're not making a strong case for yourself....

Badger
Badger
The one and only Badger

Postby Arctic Fox » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Arctic Fox wrote:Hey
Look in the last Year, we try to rebuild one was a disaster.
If you dont want to help, you didnt need to.

It was only a stupid idea, from a stupid man, sorry for asking.

With Friendly Greez: Fox

Thats was my last Message, and not the other.

Status of my "Type M47F1": I know now the Sizes.
Fox
Arctic Fox
Mudder

Postby Badger » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Good luck.
It's not as straightforward as you might think.

For the record, I object to your use of any Model 47/Model 47A references in your model name, as I came up with it in the first place, it isn't quoted from the show.
Your 'M47F1' has no relation in any way to my work, and I would rather the name didn't imply it does.

Badger
Badger
The one and only Badger

Postby Arctic Fox » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Yes, sorry what happens.

I change it to: "Type M71 G5"

But no, i know now the Sizes, it do not matter where i get them from.

Hey Badger:
>Can we bury the Hatchet? I have an idea that you maybe like. Send me a Message if its ok for you, that i tell it to you.
Fox
Arctic Fox
Mudder

Postby Citizen_Browncoat » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:44 am

Yeah....not happening
"May have been the losin' side - Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
Citizen_Browncoat
Serenity Crew Member

Postby jason1976 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:55 am

I have been in this hobby for a long time, and a member of a lot of different forums, and it is widely known that "recasting" is frowned appon. Weather it be actually molding, and casting another prop makers stuff in resin, or just using every bit of their hard work (measurements, and such), to make a rip off version.

I would never do it myself, but I don't frown on it as much as most, because I feel that, that is exactly what we underground prop replicaters do when we copy what we see on screen, without the permission of the industry professionals that made them in the first place. But, I understand, that it is the rule among prop replica collectors not to recast, and if at all possible not to buy recast items, and so I fallow that rule.

All of that said, THIS IS THE MOST BLATANT, RUDEST, MOST UNPROFESSIONAL, ATTEMPT AT RECASTING I HAVE SEEN IN MY 14 YEARS OF OF PROP REPLICA BUILDING/COLLECTING!

I really don't mean to pile on to the beating you're already take around her Fox, but it's been a long time since anything I have seen in this hobby, or even on the net in general, has outraged me this much .

I mean, badger and I may have a bit of a past, but even with that I don't want to see him, or anyone get ripped off this way, and to actually ask for his help, without even trying to offer him anything for his help? Sure, the folks here often help each other out, and the folks on other forums do as well, but When your looking to do a run, or start a business, and you want to do it based completely on the work of someone else, you at least open with an offer to cut them in, and if they say "NO" you respect that, and do your own dam work.

My god man, do you walk into stores where folks sell original items, walk up to the creator of those items, and say "Hey I really love your stuff, I would like to copy it down to the millimeter, and make money off of it, would you be willing to give me all the info I'll need to do that for free?" And, when he says "no", do you go lie to his friends, to trying to get the info from them? No, and I'll tell you why, because you know that no mater how well mannered that artisan is, he would knock you on your ass for putting it him that way.

For that mater, we are prop people. We see every little, nit picky detail, including the "tells" that almost every prop replica builder works into here pieces. If you think you can rip off Badgers work, and no-one will know, your fooling yourself, but not us.

You may have got the measurements you wanted, but good luck finding any buyers, when your done. I'm sure there will be some that don't care that it's a "recast", and newbies that don't know what "recasting" is, and they may, or may not, buy your nock off, but be assured, there is not a person her, that will not hesitate to spread the word that it is a rip off.

Look, as a person who often puts his own foot in his mouth, without meaning to, I am inclined to forgive others for doing the same. I really don't want anyone to feel unwelcome here, but take it from me, it's going to take a lot for you to change peoples minds about you, after this.

Oh, and just as a little side not, in the future, when joining firefly forums, you might want to leave the work FOX out of your screen name. Just sayin'.
jason1976
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to The Model 47A