Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Looking to buy a 47, or 47a, money is no object.

Back by popular demand: The 47A Forum

Looking to buy a 47, or 47a, money is no object.

Postby Cailieg » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:23 am

When they came out I was not in a place to say this, but money is no object in my obtaining a 47/47a.

I am willing to pay asking price if someone is willing to part with one, having missed them, and with Sid passed on my only option is to seek one.

$2500 would even be doable.

So please if anyone has one they will part with get in touch.

Caille Jensen
Cailieg
Reaver

Re: Looking to buy a 47, or 47a, money is no object.

Postby cdabel » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:53 am

Good luck in your search, but I´m afraid it´s kind of like announcing, "want to buy your children, money is no object" :)
cdabel
Blue Hand guy

Postby Cailieg » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:53 am

And yet I already have one I may be buying from this thread posting.

>^_^<

Waiting on pics at this point and then will be moving forward with the purchase.

I am elated!

Caille Jensen
Cailieg
Reaver

Postby Goodwolf » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:36 am

Congratulations. And welcome to the club if it's successful. :)
May have been on the losin' side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby cdabel » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:24 am

Congrats, it really is a work of art.
cdabel
Blue Hand guy

Postby Cailieg » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:56 pm

So far so good, he is being about as honourable as can be with this. Insists I check his references from vendors and other members, wants to both send pics and facetime or skype it to me as well.

Truly all in all it is going swimmingly. Sure it is an expensive risk (since he like many others has seen people burned by Paypal scams and thus prefers a Money Order or Cashiers Check), but as a member of the 501st, Mando Mercs, Clone Troopers Legion, the 405th, The Hunter's Lair and more I have risked more in a single buy. Buying a full Pred for example was a huge "risk". Same with many Star Wars outfits.

I have faith this will work out and I will be the proud owner of a 47a.

Irony is, I will not be doing a Mal costume. First off I am not the right gender for it. Second I tend to go with making my own Verse characters in any old costuming universe. My TK has a backstory, my RG has a backstory, my TIE has a backstory, my Sith has backstory, my Spartan has a backstory, same with my Pred, Fallout characters, and well all of my costumes.

In the Verse I am Caille Jensen, I was air support at Serenity Valley and was not able to come to Mal's unit's aid due to being grounded by the gorramn purple bellies. My Dog Tags (need to get them redone in the appropriate manner/shape but have to get Mal tags first to work from) are unique to me.

Only real Mal pieces I have is the fact I too have similar boots *cough* (screen accurate as can be) *cough*, and a coat that is a brownish colour....hey I did not get mine on sale ^_~....actually I have two. An Abbeyshot and a Jonathan Logan. Jonathan is actually going to be making a custom coat in the style for me for another outfit, white deerskin, polished steel buckles (unrelated to the Verse, just love the cut). He is also making my spouse's Stormcoat/Rogue Trader Coat.

Not my first dance with props and in general I find the people of the various prop communities to be standup.

Caille
Cailieg
Reaver

Postby Goodwolf » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:11 pm

501st here as well. Plastic Spacemen Club represent! Pew pew pew!
May have been on the losin' side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby Sarae » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:36 pm

Cailieg wrote: My Dog Tags (need to get them redone in the appropriate manner/shape but have to get Mal tags first to work from) are unique to me.

Caille

Hi, I was just wondering how your dog tags turned out - I'm throwing The Big Damn British Shindig next year and I'm looking at the feasibility of offering bespoke dog tags to our attending Browncoats (as an add-on) - I have a feeling that this will be too complicated for my little brain, but it's stuck in there so I have to do the leg work to see if it can happen. Did you follow the QMx pattern (the round ones?), what information have you included? And what did you make of the glyph in the centre of the second one?

Thanks,

Sarah
Sarae
Reaver

Return to The Model 47A