Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Offical 47a show off thread

Back by popular demand: The 47A Forum

Re: Offical 47a show off thread

Postby volpin » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Got mine in today... and it's going to need some repairs, unfortunately. Took the mag out and these pieces came out along with it. Looks like the epoxy didn't bind to the rest of the interior of the mag as well as it did to the resin pieces. I guess this was a problem in shipping that jarred it loose, but does anyone have recommendations on adhesive? I was going to use JB Weld.

volpin
Mudder

Postby Akin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:01 am

How bizarre! I got mine today too, and the exact same thing with the magazine happened...

The two spare magazines I ordered weren't assembled either, so I guess I have to put them together. If anyone can suggest the best kind of glue for doing this, I'd appreciate it...

The piece itself is freaking awesome, though... I'll get some pics and put them up in a bit...
Akin
Independent Army - Special Ops

Postby namebrand » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:04 am

Crap! I apologize guys. I hope this is an isolated incident. Looks like I grabbed the mag from the wrong stack (a hazard when working quickly and with a lot of parts) as the inside was meant to have been roughed up to help bonding. Use JB Weld or JB Kwik (which is what I am using) and it should be easy to fix. Again I sincerely apologize! If you have any problems getting it secured back together certainly email me.

Spare mags were indeed sent as kits.
namebrand
Browncoat

Postby uc7 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:24 pm

I received mine recently and overall the replica is great. I love the feel and weight of this piece. The spare mag shouldn't be too hard to put together. I just need to pick up some dummy cartridges.

Namebrand did a great job on the weathering. (I didn't want to risk it on a "first time" personal attempt)

Now I just have to figure out the best way to display it. I think I will try and place it together with the operative sword once I find a way to protect them both.
uc7
Reaver

Postby superjedi » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:00 am

Got my "ready to ship" email. No pics yet of course. . . just excited that it'll soon be here! :lol:
superjedi
Alliance soldier

Postby Goodwolf » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:43 am

superjedi wrote:Got my "ready to ship" email. No pics yet of course. . . just excited that it'll soon be here! :lol:

MEEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOO! :D
May have been on the losin' side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby Straycatt » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:42 am

Mine arrived last week when I was out of town, and I finally got my hands on it a few hours agao. This thing is on sweet piece of metal. One heavy and sweet piece. I am very happy with it, and got some interesting looks from my co-workers when I finally got it unwrapped.
No photos yet, but I will take some ...

-Adam
Straycatt
Alliance soldier

Postby Goodwolf » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:06 pm

Checked the tracking yesterday and saw it had arrived in Tampa that morning. I figured I'd get it today but they surprised me by delivering it the same day. This thing is *awesome* to say the least. Will post pics asap when I get a break from work.
May have been on the losin' side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby superjedi » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:09 am

It's finally here! What a piece of art this is. . . man oh man. :o
Pics to come this weekend.
superjedi
Alliance soldier

Postby superjedi » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:20 pm

Pics! :D
This is simply a beautiful replica. The workmanship and materials are #1, and it's a beast! You could seriously hurt somebody just by bonking them on the head with this thing!
A couple of overall shots.

The finish looks incredible. Very subtle color shift depending how the light strikes it. Almost translucent looking, and you know this is metal when you look at it.

The working trigger and removable magazine just put it over the top.

A couple of close ups to finish out.

Even the work on the grips is terrific.

Absolutely worth the wait on this replica! When I got it I was completely impressed. Even my wife, who isn't that big a sci-fi fan, thought it was beautiful.
Thanks to everyone involved in bringing this to the fans!
superjedi
Alliance soldier

PreviousNext

Return to The Model 47A