The 'Verse, a Firefly/Serenity Costuming Club

Postby BrowncoatKal » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:40 am

The 'Verse, a Firefly/Serenity/Costuming Club
http://theverse.proboards.com
BrowncoatKal
Blue Hand guy

Re: The 'Verse, a Firefly/Serenity Costuming Club

Postby Harbinger » Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Decided to sign up and check it out for myself. Sadly, lack of membership there so far does not make for lively conversation yet. :/
------

John
Harbinger
Independent Soldier

Postby taimdala » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:52 am

Just joined. Looking to see if anyone's interested in original characters and their costumes. Cuz, the way I see it, we have only 9 people from the show with a working wardrobe. It'll get awfully repetitious if we're restricted to Serenity's crew. ;)
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:10 pm

taimdala wrote:Just joined. Looking to see if anyone's interested in original characters and their costumes. Cuz, the way I see it, we have only 9 people from the show with a working wardrobe. It'll get awfully repetitious if we're restricted to Serenity's crew. ;)

A few years ago, I signed up to do panels at a con, but I told them to put me any costuming, or prop panel they need me on. That turned out to be a huge mistake, as they put me on some panels I had no business being on. Like one for folks that took costuming way too seriously. Everyone on the panel, and in the room, were hard core re-enactors, who seemed to have lost all since of reality long ago. :lol: They did not just like to put on a costume, they became that character for the day, and could not be brought out of it, for any reason at all.

I sat there quietly for for most of the panel. finally on of the other annalist started trying to bring me in to the conversation. He asked me what series I had done costumes from, in the past (I was not wearing a costume that day), and when I got to firefly, he asked me what costume I did. I told him Mal. The whole room got on me, saying that I did not look enough like Nathan, to pull that off, and that I had no right to walk around in a Mal costume, and even if I did, I would have to "BE MAL" all day long. They all said, that instead of being an awful Mal (again they had not even seen my costume) they said, I should be a dock worker, or maintenance worker from firefly. That I should make up a very, very, minor character that no-one had ever seen before. So I said "fine it's not a mal costume at all, I'm just a fat guy from the rim that Mal stole his look from." :lol:

If folks want to throw on coveralls, write some Chinese on them, walk around saying "shinny" all day, and feel like telling every last person they see, that they are "Bob" the guy that did Mal's last colonoscopy, then I truly wish them all the luck in the world, and I would be happy to do what ever I can to help them get to their goal.

I personally choose to dress up as characters I relate to, but I don't care if I have the same build, or facial features as them, and I don't feel the need to walk around all day talking like them.

I think the world (and the verse) is big enough for the crew of Serenity, in any Size, shape, color, and/or number, but if folks want to be creative, and want to be a medic, or doctor, or dock worker, then I think that really is great. I know if I was doing a fan film, and I was walking around at a con, looking for folks that already had costumes, folks in original costumes would really ketch my attention.

So, in other words, I'm not looking to make an original verse costume for myself, but I would be happy to help any that are, in any way that I can.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby Crix13 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:29 pm

hey guys.
I dont post here much, but this is the first place I come to do research
I am the founder The 'Verse. I do all my posting the FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Vers ... 9512712275

we werent getting much action on the forums, but the FB took off. so I just use the forums for info I dont want to lose.

We accept everyone! no matter if you look like the character or not! or even you want to do your own take on a character or make something up completely new.

we just want to keep on sharing the joy and love we all have of Firefly

these are our members so far
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 275&type=3

if you want to join too, just post a pic of your costume on the fb page and your in

stay shiny and keep flying
A DIFFERENT CRIX, one from
The 'Verse,a firefly/serenity costume club
http://theverse.proboards.com
Crix13
Blue Hand guy

Return to Links