Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Problem staying logged in.

For everything else

Problem staying logged in.

Postby AZSneed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:53 am

For about a week, I have been having a problem here staying logged in. I will be opening a section or a thread, then I am told to log in, when I was already logged in. I alway check the box to stay logged in, it ain't working. Is it just me? Any others having this problem. If just me, any suggestions? Thanks.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Re: Problem staying logged in.

Postby jason1976 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:53 am

Back when I was on dial up, I had the problem a number of times. It was odd, it would come and go. It might be fine for months, and then I would have the problem for a wile, and then it would go back to being fine. I don't know as much about computers as I once did, but I would guess it's something like an update to your operation sytem, or your online program, that's deleting, or blocking, this sights cookies. (coudbe a virus, but lets hope for the best, and look at less scary things first.)

All that said, I'll yield the floor to those here with far more knowledge about such things. I have had the same problem in the past, but it's working fine for me right now.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:45 pm

I have never had a problem over the years here, until now. For awhile last night, I could not even open the site here, in IE and Chrome. The error message mentioned 'chatbot' and 'miker timeout'.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby F-N-S » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:31 pm

There was a problem with the chat script I was using. For unknown reasons it crashed the forum.
It's deactivated now and I hope the problem is gone :)
"We're gonna get that show back on the air!"
F-N-S
Pilot of this shiny forum

Postby Miker » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:28 pm

AZSneed wrote:I have never had a problem over the years here, until now. For awhile last night, I could not even open the site here, in IE and Chrome. The error message mentioned 'chatbot' and 'miker timeout'.

LOL, I am so sorry AZneed. My getting you involved in chat seems to have screwed up something in your login process. LOL, I feel terrible. LOL and I hate myself right now. LOL, is chat fixed?

Really, I hope they get it fixed for you. :serenity1:
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot em"
Miker
Independent Soldier

Postby F-N-S » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Chat is deactivated for the moment. I have to update it or look for a different (better) script when I have time.
"We're gonna get that show back on the air!"
F-N-S
Pilot of this shiny forum

Postby AZSneed » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Miker wrote:
AZSneed wrote:I have never had a problem over the years here, until now. For awhile last night, I could not even open the site here, in IE and Chrome. The error message mentioned 'chatbot' and 'miker timeout'.

LOL, I am so sorry AZneed. My getting you involved in chat seems to have screwed up something in your login process. LOL, I feel terrible. LOL and I hate myself right now. LOL, is chat fixed?

So....have the Reavers arrived yet?Image
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby Miker » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:46 pm

AZSneed wrote:
Miker wrote:

So....have the Reavers arrived yet?Image

No Reavers, just having a little fun. :lol:
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot em"
Miker
Independent Soldier

Postby taimdala » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:30 am

Oh so that's what that weirdness was.

I confess, I'd been having problems over the past three days in getting logged out behind my back. That is: I check for new posts, leave, then come back and have to log in all over again. I thought it was my computer and my new antivirus program not playing nicely together. I guess it was actually this whatever-it-is/was-chat-thingy.

Mystery solved! Now I can stop giving my antivirus the stink-eye.

Thanks, F-N-S! :D
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Return to Off-Topic