Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

So I've been quiet for a while now...

For everything else

So I've been quiet for a while now...

Postby Goodwolf » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:01 am

I was getting really frustrated at my old job. The pay was crap and the lady I worked for was crazier than a run over dog. Towards the end we finally started butting heads in a really big way, mainly over money, but also over how she would change certain details, or remember things in ways that didn't happen. Then she would get upset when I talked about looking for another job. She finally let me go when I told her I had an interview with Animal Services. Funny thing is, the guy she thought was going to be my replacement, she had to let him go because he was such a colossal cockup. If you had seen the guy, you didn't need to be Serlock Holmes to see that one coming. And then Vivian had the temerity to tell my buddy Jason, who still works there, that maybe I could come back.

Newp.

Being broke constantly was not only aggravating, but every time something cool would come up, I was loathe to do the old "Golly jee, wish I could afford it." Especially with some of the stuff Badger was putting on offer. I was tired of saying it, and I *know* you guys would have gotten tired of hearing it.

So, I sat at home for a few weeks, waiting for a call from AS, which *still* hasn't come, but in the meantime I took what was supposed to be a a temporary job with an apiary. Surprisingly, I'm enjoying the work. Sure, I get a few stings here and there, but I'm learning loads of new things, the boss is really impressed with my work ethic, he's a really good guy to work for, the pay is phenomenal compared to the old job with more hours to boot, bonuses about 3 times a year, and for the first time in a long while, I have money in the bank that doesn't have to be spent immediately on bills. I'm even tentatively planning a UK trip for next year.

Oh yeah, and I got a new girlfriend.

So, yeah, reckon I'll be a little more vocal around here in the future.
May have been on the losin' side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Re: So I've been quiet for a while now...

Postby AZSneed » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:38 am

I'm glad you are in better shape now, congrats! :thumbsup:
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby pennausamike » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:07 am

Glad things are on an upward swing and here's hoping they continue that way!
pennausamike
Browncoat

Postby Badger » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:56 am

GW,

So good to hear you're happier and that things may actually going your way.
You're a good man. You deserve some happiness.

I will be deeply offended if I don't hear from you when you're passing through London, naturally.

:)

Onward and upward, mate.

Badger
I said I'd do my best. I didn't say it would be any good.
Badger
The one and only Badger

Postby Goodwolf » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Badger, I would not *dream* of a UK trip without setting some time aside for you and the missus. That's just a given. :)

Y'all are awesome. And that goes for everybody here as well.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby Joatrash » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:55 pm

Glad to hear things are picking up!

(I sometimes forget what a privilege it is to work in a country where job security is such that you can essentially tell your boss they are an idiot and they can't fire you...)

Do let us know when you're going to the UK. My (also new) girlfriend and I are planning a trip to London next year as well. Maybe we can time it and have a big ol' party where we drink copious amounts of mudder's milk and lament the recent career choices of Joss Whedon.
//jOe

My prop & costume workshop/gallery:
https://www.facebook.com/joatrashfx/
Joatrash
Browncoat

Postby Badger » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:57 pm

London mini Shindig?
I said I'd do my best. I didn't say it would be any good.
Badger
The one and only Badger

Postby Joatrash » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Badger wrote:London mini Shindig?

Damn straight! (But maybe without sword-fights...)
//jOe

My prop & costume workshop/gallery:
https://www.facebook.com/joatrashfx/
Joatrash
Browncoat

Postby Goodwolf » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Now where's the fun in that?
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Sweet! I am SO HAPPY for you, GW! :D :D :D

Bees are pretty cool! An apiary will have a lot of business if they have their hives service orchards and farms and there is always honey to harvest and clarify and jar up. I'm not allergic to beestings so I'm not afraid of bees. I find them fun to watch and their hum is soothing to my ears. I don't know an apiarist (is that the right word) and haven't visited an apiary, so that's about the extent of my bee knowledge.

And congratulations on the new person in your life. Finding someone who shares your interests is amazing. I hope you two will go on to discover amazing things together!

You know, after all the doom and glooom in the news lately, this has got to be about the best news I've heard in a while. SO GLAD things are looking up for you, GW!! :D :D :D :D
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Next

Return to Off-Topic