Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

So, where is everyone from?

For everything else

Re: So, where is everyone from?

Postby keelhauler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Staunton, VA. Born in NC (Fort Bragg) and, like taimdala, moved a lot as a military brat (Marine Corps). Lived on both coasts, but never lived outside the US. Have spent most of my time in VA.
"Heard tell they used to keelhaul traitors back in the day" ~ Malcolm Reynolds
keelhauler
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:24 pm

keelhauler wrote:Staunton, VA. Born in NC (Fort Bragg) and, like taimdala, moved a lot as a military brat (Marine Corps). Lived on both coasts, but never lived outside the US. Have spent most of my time in VA.

SEMPER FI! My dad was a Marine who served 27 years and fought in 2 foreign wars. I still miss him.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby keelhauler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:27 pm

taimdala wrote:
keelhauler wrote:Staunton, VA. Born in NC (Fort Bragg) and, like taimdala, moved a lot as a military brat (Marine Corps). Lived on both coasts, but never lived outside the US. Have spent most of my time in VA.

SEMPER FI! My dad was a Marine who served 27 years and fought in 2 foreign wars. I still miss him.

Sorry you father's no longer here. My dad, who is still with us, thankfully (although in increasingly poor health) was in for 30 years. He enlisted when he was 17 and did three tours in Vietnam. He was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross (one of only two Marines to receive it in Vietnam). neat fact, he's the answer to one of the questions in the Marine Corps version of trivial pursuit, called Semper Fi!.
"Heard tell they used to keelhaul traitors back in the day" ~ Malcolm Reynolds
keelhauler
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:45 pm

SWEET! Please give my regards and my thanks to your dad, keelhauler. And it's good to know that I'm not the only military brat on the board. ;)
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby monkey540 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:35 pm

I'll break the international border for this post.

I was born and lived for 29 years near Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I've lived in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada for the last 1.5 years. It's a lot quieter over here. :)
monkey540
Independent Soldier

Postby taimdala » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:19 pm

Ooh! Isn't Edmonton a certain captain's hometown ;) Glad to have you aboard, monkey540. Your posts are always a pleasure. :)
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby monkey540 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:00 pm

taimdala wrote:Ooh! Isn't Edmonton a certain captain's hometown ;) Glad to have you aboard, monkey540. Your posts are always a pleasure. :)

Yes, yes it is. We hear about him coming home to visit his family often. Though I've not seen him here.
monkey540
Independent Soldier

Previous

Return to Off-Topic