Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

PHLIPPING PHOTOBUCKET THE MIDDLE PHINGER

For everything else

Re: PHLIPPING PHOTOBUCKET THE MIDDLE PHINGER

Postby taimdala » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:17 am

AZSneed wrote:Facebook, why is it always Facebook. I WILL DIE BEFORE JOINING FACEBOOK....and tweet tweet, too.

The only good politician an unemployed one.

You know, you could always PM Yellowjacket with your list and dodge FB completely. ;)
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:56 am

I forgot that simple way, thanks.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:41 pm

Speaking of PMs ....

I've just hit a wall in my gallery uploads and am waiting word from F-N-S on what I can do about it. I *think* I've found out the hard way that members have a total limit on gallery space for their photos and I think I've just reached mine.

And wouldn't you know it? I've hit the limit *in the middle* of replacing the links in my Campaign Box thread, where the bulk of my pictures are seen.

*headdesk!*

I guess I'm back to using an online photosharing site and hoping they won't turn off 3rd party hosting, too.
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Check out this link for a list to chose from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_photo_sharing_websites
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:58 am

Thanks AZ! :D
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:30 am

Glad to help!
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:15 am

Photobucket is the global destination for linking and 3rd party hosting. In Photobucket’s 14-year history, the Company amassed over 100 million registered users, over 15 billion images stored, 2 million daily uploads and 10 billion photos accessed monthly.

Easy to Use – Upload a photo from any device and copy the embed code with one click to host a photo with no development or technical knowledge required

Competitive, fixed pricing Offers the only unlimited 3rd party hosting plan (Commercial and Personal Use)

From the email telling me I lost benefits because I 3rd party hosted. What benefits? I only had 31 MB used out of 2 gigs total for a free account. Well, I deleted my photos and smilies, but can't seem to cancel account, it figures. I only used the account just for 3rd party hosting, and WILL not pay to get what I already had. Also, on December 30th of this year, I would have been with them for 13 years. So, I was with them almost from the start, and you see what I got. My butt really hurts.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:52 pm

AZ, when I cancelled my account, I saw the statement that it would take 2 days to deactivate online. (I think it was in the email confirming my action). I just went back to it today and yup, my account now gets a "Sorry, the requested page does not exist" message.

So yeah, you cancelled the account, don't worry. There's just a delay.

I'm sorry to lose your smilies, though. I saved the links to them so I could use them. *sad tear*
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby AZSneed » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:43 am

Mary, I have not been able to complete my cancelling of my account, and it was stated it would take 7 days when I do cancel.
AZSneed
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:01 am

Whoa! Huh. I guess Photof*ckit is getting swamped with people cancelling. Let's give it a week and see if you can cancel then.

Personally, I'm interested in seeing where they stand 6 months from now: how many people have remained and how much money they actually made from the 399.00 they wanted for hosting.

For a company to boast of their millions of user accounts, billions of photos, and so on and THEN to shoot themselves in the foot like this ...

*SMH*

Something similar happened at Creative Market.com roughly two years ago. Instead of offering a standard license for their graphics resources (where you had limited but doable commercial use allowed) they instituted a tiered license offering: the extended license allowed commercial use and though the amount was left to the individual artist selling on their site, the suggested amount for the extended license was ten times the standard (which was the price of the item itself).

This meant that in order to use the same sort of thing with the permissions you'd enjoyed in the past, you'd have to pay TEN TIMES AS MUCH. So a 12 dollar font would now be 120.00. And speaking just about the usual variety of font offered there, you were only getting a bare bones font without a good many characters and symbols.

I don't know about you but I'm not willing to pay 120 bucks for a font that has only 52 letters (upper and lower case), 10 digits, and 12 punctuation marks WITHOUT Open Type features.

Certainly not when I could get all that AND more at Myfonts.com for a single font WITH an extended commercial license for as low as 9 or 12 or 14 or 20 bucks (depending on artist and font style).

CM shot itself in the foot. They DID listen to their users, however, and revised the tiered licensing to bring back some of the features of the old standard license and better defined their extended licensing. For some things offered, namely files that must be installed on your hardrive as software in order to work (fonts, add-ons, plug-ins), there is no need for a special license. Just buy, plug, and play.

Whew! That was a relief.

It remains to be seen what Photof*ckit will do, if anything, to change its current policy in response to their customers' reaction.

Should be interesting.
Last edited by taimdala on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
taimdala
Browncoat

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic