Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

New Design & New Functions

For everything else

What resolution are you using on your computer?

< 800x600
No votes
800x600
No votes
1024x768
17%
1280x1024
58%
1400x1050
No votes
1600x1200
No votes
1680x1050
25%
> 1680x1050
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: New Design & New Functions

Postby F-N-S » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:47 am

I had to stop my URL shortener service brwnco.at because it was used by spammers :evil:

I will look for a solution to get it back online as fast as possible.
"We're gonna get that show back on the air!"
F-N-S
Pilot of this shiny forum

Postby taimdala » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

Newly joined on the forum and have noticed something about this site that I am not able to tell if it's a problem at my end or the way the site is designed.

To wit:

Whenever I click on the screen, everything goes dark grey and it becomes very hard to read what I'm typing. Clicking on the screen again makes everything brighten back to legible levels. However, if I'm clicking on a button when the screen is greyed out, I have to click TWICE: once to brighten the screen and once AGAIN to actually activate the buttom I'm clicking on.

Is this a security feature built into the system? Is it a glitch? Or is there something wrong with my laptop? I'm not sure. All I know is that this makes it hard to read what I'm typing when I post and the click/pause to brighten/click again business slows down what I'm trying to do on the board.

Help! Pretty please?
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Oh, and there's this funny green banner across the corner of my profile box when I post. Not being literate in Chinese, I have no idea what it means or what it's saying. Anyone out there know? I can't find anything on it in the FAQ. (Nor was the problem I mentioned above in the FAQ either, alas). Thanks!
"Never, never, never give in ... except to convictions of honor and good sense."
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby F-N-S » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:19 pm

To be honest I have no idea where the "greyed out" problem comes from. Have you tried a different browser or a different pc to see if it also happens there? What browser are you using? Has anyone else noticed this problem?
As a workaround you could change the board style to "Acidtech Firefly", maybe that works better for you than the default style.

The green banner just says online in chinese. This is a Firefly board after all, so I had to put in some chinese somewhere :-)
F-N-S

Postby taimdala » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Wow. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on this.

Okay, I'm using IE 9. And I'll change over to Acidtech Firefly to see if that clears the problem up. Back in a bit!
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Yup! That did the trick. OMG! what a relief. My eyes were going to mutiny in a minute ... Hmmm. I wonder why the default didn't like my laptop?

Oboy.

You know I've got to go back and try all of the board styles now, right? Cuz I want that green online banner in chinese! LOL! Back in another bit. Thanks F-N-S!
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby taimdala » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:31 pm

And having tried all of them, Fireflyprops and Fireflyprops 1024 both grey out and slow down on me. Minimal is just too blinding white, with font too thin, to bear thinking about. Acidtech Firefly it is, then. Gotta say, it's got great legibility and the colorscheme is really nice. ^_^
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby MedwayPVB » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Dunno if it can be added to the forum smilies list, but here's the old girl herself, perfect for any particularly shiny posts/replies:

MedwayPVB
Independent Soldier

Postby taimdala » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:39 pm

OOoh! Shiny! Thanks, MedwayPVB!
taimdala
Browncoat

Postby F-N-S » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:48 pm

I'll see what I can do
F-N-S

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic