Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Zoe's Mare's leg rear sight?

Episode 1 - Serenity

Zoe's Mare's leg rear sight?

Postby jason1976 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:59 am

I picked up one of those Dinex (or is it Denix) Mare's Leg's a few years ago, but it does not come with a rear sight. I don't plan on going as far as some folks have gone to make this inaccurrate replica, more accurrate, but I do plain on darking up the metal with Alumiblack, and adding a rear sight. It would be pretty easy to make a rear sight from scratch, but I would really like to just buy one, that is a match to the one used in the show. However, I have been looking for years now, and I can't seem to find an exact match. I konw it's a Dovetail style, and I have found a lot hat are close, but they are all too long, too pointy at the frount end, and the elevators are usually wrong.

Here are some pics of the screen used one, taken from the first visual companion. (the top to are of the hero, the bottom one, is the stunt version ,and has been filled in a bit, for easier casting, and strength.)

Anyways, I just thought i would see if anyone had any info on this.
jason1976
Browncoat

Re: Zoe's Mare's leg rear sight?

Postby Goodwolf » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:34 am

If the top ones are from the prop, I'd say look on a BB gun. Particularly a Daisy model. My old one had almost exactly the same one. Might have been exact, but that was years ago and I can't swear to it.
May have been on the losin' side, still not convinced it was the wrong one.
Goodwolf
Browncoat

Postby jason1976 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks, I'll check that out.

I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. I am working on the show version, and I posted this in the serenity area. Sorry, about that, feel free to move this, or tell me how, and I will do so.
jason1976
Browncoat

Postby F-N-S » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:55 pm

Moved it ;)
"We're gonna get that show back on the air!"
F-N-S
Pilot of this shiny forum

Return to Serenity