Welcome to fireflyprops.net. Click here to register

Cargo crates

Episode 1 - Serenity

Cargo crates

Postby Badger » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:43 am

On my last foraging trip across the pond, Labor day two years ago, I found the three grey salvage crates from the derelict in the pilot show.

They are in pretty good shape considering they were stored outside.

I use them to store parts of the collection. I think they are props in their own right and are quite cool.

One still has the glue marks where the deck catches were attached, and all three still have the lifting wires in the lid which held them 'weightless' until Serenity's artificial gravity was restored. I've carefully preserved these and the are coiled inside the lids.

I want to display them with the collection. I was going to make a fake layer of food bricks to put in the top of one, all painted nice, so I could display them with one of the lids off. Maybe vacform.

What do we think?

Badger
I said I'd do my best. I didn't say it would be any good.
Badger
The one and only Badger

Re: Cargo crates

Postby Bronson BB » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:03 pm

I LOVE the idea of there being a prop show where we could see these 'floating' with the lids open, showing a full top row of food bars inside! Maybe with one loose one spinning above the rest. :)

That could happen.
Bronson BB
Browncoat

Postby F-N-S » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Pictures please! ;)

Is there a brand label or some other kind of marking on the crate? I would love to get one to store some of my props in it.
"We're gonna get that show back on the air!"
F-N-S
Pilot of this shiny forum

Postby Badger » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:45 pm

I'll have a pint of whatever Bronson BB's drinking and I'll have a look for a brand on the crates :lol:

Badger
I said I'd do my best. I didn't say it would be any good.
Badger
The one and only Badger

Postby Justanuthercap » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Love the display idea Badger.
Jayne: (mock reading Simon's journal) "Dear Diary...today I was pompous and my sister was crazy." (flips page) "Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
Justanuthercap
terrifying space monkey

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:51 pm

Badger's idea could only be improved by an entire recreation of the derelict ship.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Postby Justanuthercap » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Yellowjacket wrote:Badger's idea could only be improved by an entire recreation of the derelict ship.

Okay, I can't be the only one that wants to buy a house with a basement, just so I can recreate the galley area can I? Too bad I live in Florida, the land of no basements when the wife has already given her permission to do this!!!
Jayne: (mock reading Simon's journal) "Dear Diary...today I was pompous and my sister was crazy." (flips page) "Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
Justanuthercap
terrifying space monkey

Postby Yellowjacket » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:07 pm

You aren't the only one. I'm building a Firefly rec room in my garage and I've already started buying fixtures and conduits.
Yellowjacket
Browncoat

Return to Serenity